• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Team discipline

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...didn't look too great today.

Today's coverage was peppered with stories like this.

Gotta imagine Rhule is pissed after saying yesterday that today would be better on that front. Of course, it'll be up to him to do something about it.

With all that said though, I like that the guys are standing up for themselves and their own. And admittedly, this gives me a bit of an evil grin 😁

This is the single dumbest post you've ever made.

There is nothing wrong with enforcing retribution on teammates or other teams in practice. 

It has zero correlation to fights in games.

I'd expound but I'm working and way behind schedule. 

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

This is the single dumbest post you've ever made.

There is nothing wrong with enforcing retribution on teammates or other teams in practice. 

It has zero correlation to fights in games.

I'd expound but I'm working and way behind schedule. 

You're not someone I'd expect to get it, so no problem 😁

14 hours ago, Moo Daeng said:

It's really hard to get a clear picture of anything based on tweets. They're too short, the people making them have bias and they want to get attention.

Twitter turns every sentence in to something you are supposed to have some side you need to take on it.

It's concerning most aren't aware of how limited a view you are getting from them.

I don't touch Twitter for this reason. The closest I come to "tweeting" is bitching during the gameday threads on here.

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

...didn't look too great today.

Today's coverage was peppered with stories like this.

Gotta imagine Rhule is pissed after saying yesterday that today would be better on that front. Of course, it'll be up to him to do something about it.

With all that said though, I like that the guys are standing up for themselves and their own. And admittedly, this gives me a bit of an evil grin 😁

Honestly, Scot, that remark is decidedly benign. It's nothing. It's almost juvenile in nature, like "I'm gonna show you!" It was obviously some fan talking smack, and Miller essentially saying, "We'll see on the field."

As for the fisticuffs, I'm glad Rhule basically is of the mindset that "boys will be boys." No harm, no foul.

It was a good practice, especially when juxtaposed against the tentative display on Thursday.

22 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I don't touch Twitter for this reason. The closest I come to "tweeting" is bitching during the gameday threads on here.

People lose their poo in judgments to every one of them. Even the cherry picked quotes when you can easily read or watch entire transcripts to get the full picture.

I don't understand spending your day on the Huddle hand ringing over tweets but not reading articles or watching interviews before getting bent out of shape.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Honestly, Scot, that remark is decidedly benign. It's nothing. It's almost juvenile in nature, like "I'm gonna show you!" It was obviously some fan talking smack, and Miller essentially saying, "We'll see on the field."

As for the fisticuffs, I'm glad Rhule basically is of the mindset that "boys will be boys." No harm, no foul.

It was a good practice, especially when juxtaposed against the tentative display on Thursday.

From what I've read, the fan apparently said "just play football" (likely in reference to all the fighting).

It's good this group has some fight in them. That should help the locker room gel. But you still need some leadership so cooler heads prevail and guys don't get tossed from games or suspended. It doesn't take much for a little scrap to escalate and flags start flying and personal fouls handed out.