• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Colts Gameday Thread

Zod

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think it's highly doubtful we're going to find an upgrade in August and I certainly don't want to spend anymore future draft capital trying to slap a bandaid in the current QB roster.

Right now I'd take Jake Fromm, Joshua Dobbs, Josh Rosen, Trevor Siemien or Brett Hundley over PJ.  All those guys are 4th on the depth chart for their teams right now and will be available in a couple of weeks.

45 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think we're squabbling over the wrong thing here. We have a massive question mark at starter. That's the biggest concern until we see the answer to that question.

I love how you've managed to bring it back to a Darnold criticism. Dude didn't even play today, but there's no rest for the wicked.

• Beer 1

Until that question is answered it's by FAR the biggest question we have. Squabbling over the backup QB seems trivial. Like worrying about your countertops and flooring while you're roof is leaking like a sieve.

I'm honestly just not concerned at all about our depth until we find out if our starters can even compete.

Not gonna worry too much about today's game when most of the guys we saw today won't be on the final roster. I was happy to see the rookies play well. That was the main reason for tuning in today.

• Pie 1

On 8/15/2021 at 4:38 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

That DBO (Don't Beat Ourselves) sign the Panthers have been running to in camp after mistakes doesn't appear to be working. Carolina had 10 penalties, six false starts, in Sunday's 21-18 loss at Indianapolis. Multiple false starts came with the game on the line. There were good things, too. P.J. Walker played well as the backup QB. But as Matt Rhule has preached all camp mistakes beat you.

Has he found out if Sam finally got the 2nd half of his couch yet?  😏

On 8/15/2021 at 5:20 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

I just think we're squabbling over the wrong thing here. We have a massive question mark at starter. That's the biggest concern until we see the answer to that question.

I really hope they play him and the first team a ton in the next Preseason game...

If I was HC, I would have them play the entire 1st Half so we can have SOME idea of where Sam is at and what to expect.

Edited by glenwo2

Grade
B+

Tommy Tremble

Notre Dame · TE

Carolina Panthers

Carolina Panthers
0-1

The Panthers desperately needed a playmaker at tight end heading into the 2021 draft, so I wasn't surprised they picked up Tremble in the third round. He took a hit while crossing over the middle on his first drive, but still finished the play, caught the pass and picked up 8 yards. Tremble ran several different routes during the game, showing off the athleticism to beat defenders short, intermediate and deep. He'll be a nice red-zone target, as shown on his touchdown catch. Tremble initially boxed out his defender on the goal line, then worked hard to give his scrambling quarterback a target deep in the end zone. The former Notre Dame starter is a willing blocker, though not a dominating one. He mixed it up on run plays and served on all special teams units. He was called for holding on the two-point conversion following his touchdown, though, which forced an extra point try that went wide right.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-preseason-week-1-rookie-grades-justin-fields-outshines-trevor-lawrence-