• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly in Buffalo Bills gear

Carl Spackler

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

He probably has another two years at least before any talk of being on the hot seat will be anything more than a rumor. That long contract and the talk of a five year rebuild gives Rhule a lot of wiggle room.

Remember that talk is just that: talk. 2-15 would not get him a third season, not with someone as impatient as Tepper.

29 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I was pleasantly surprised by his in-game adjustments last year and tactical acumen...  but, I was not a fan of the hire when we made it.  He has made me a believer in his coaching ability and as a culture setter so far, but I do have some hesitation in fully buying in because of the huge flub that his QB decision last year ended up causing and was directly responsible for 8 of our losses.  I worry about the college stuff a bit and that maybe that wears thin on some guys, but I think he speaks with conviction and authenticity, and that resonates with players, which is why I'm hopeful that he will become an elite coach that guys want to play for...  but the QB stuff and the constant college connections popping up here - those things are gonna have to sort themselves out.

I didn't mind the Teddy signing as I thought he would have been used as a bridge to whatever guy they drafted last season or this one. Of course, they did neither. I also expected the team to do more to resolve the Oline issues than signing injury prone backups, but they haven't done that either.

2 minutes ago, 1usctrojan said:

The NFL is a business, strictly business, the players also treat it that way.  If they can further their career (on or off the field) by putting on another jersey, they will.  

If he wants to coach somewhere, then fine. 

Let's be serious; This is Luke Kuechly; he can likely further his career any way he wants, without wearing Bills team apparel. 

Just now, top dawg said:

If he wants to coach somewhere, then fine. 

Let's be serious; This is Luke Kuechly; he can likely further his career any way he wants, without wearing Bills team apparel. 

That's why it comes across in some ways as sticking it to the Panthers. Maybe he didn't like working with this staff any more than I like them being the staff.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Remember that talk is just that: talk. 2-15 would not get him a third season, not with someone as impatient as Tepper.

They can always point to the fact they need to address the Oline and QB as reasons for the losing season. Unless Rhule quits, he's safe for at least two more years. Probably three.

10 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Luke has absolutely 0 ties to any coaching staff/front office people in the building anymore. All those guys are either in Buffalo or DC.

I'm neither offended, nor surprised at this. I'm just glad Luke looks healthy.

12 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

He played in Carolina but he has very few personal connections to the new organization beyond what he experienced with his short time with us post retirement. Buffalo has a lot of old regime connections. In fact, it's mostly for this reason that they have become my AFC team to pull for. I wouldn't blame him if he decided to start working with them at some point. 

Agreed with all of this.

To be clear, when Luke says that he left because he wanted time to spend with his family and relax, I believe him.

Now, once he's had that time could he get the itch to return to the game? Sure he could.

And if that return happens somewhere other than Carolina...well, that's football.

• Pie 1