• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Luke Kuechly in Buffalo Bills gear

Carl Spackler

Just now, jfra78 said:

It would suck, but if the Bill's offer him a coaching job and we didnt then it's on us.

Yes, but 90% of the Huddle would still argue "well maybe he wasn't cut out for it," then once he balls out there just like most of the other Panthers-to-Bills, it'll be "well we should've signed him here"

7 minutes ago, NAS said:

He played for Panthers but doesn't owe us anything.  That said, it really hurts to see him in those colors and makes me wonder where things went wrong.  Why is he not attending Panthers camp like Smitty?  It just does seem to indicate like he really didn't get along with the new regime.

Ya he did not. And for good reason. The only reason he isn’t playing or coaching somewhere else is because of his contract. I’m surprised he’s actually allowed to wear another teams gear. Unless he contractually cut ties and I missed it. 

10 minutes ago, NAS said:

He played for Panthers but doesn't owe us anything.  That said, it really hurts to see him in those colors and makes me wonder where things went wrong.  Why is he not attending Panthers camp like Smitty?  It just does seem to indicate like he really didn't get along with the new regime.

He came by,  but I'm not sure if the staff let him on the field. Judging by this pic from Gantt, that's a no (also, note all the Panthers stuff he's not wearing). 

image.png

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

Ya he did not. And for good reason. The only reason he isn’t playing or coaching somewhere else is because of his contract. I’m surprised he’s actually allowed to wear another teams gear. Unless he contractually cut ties and I missed it. 

He is retired.  He cant play anywhere, but he can coach wherever he wants

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

but would a NFL team still owing rights of a player prohibit them from employment as a non-player elsewhere?  

1 minute ago, NAS said:

We're in second year of the rebuild, did I miss something?  Let's wait until we see how this season goes

Tepper is ushering in this new era, which I said was trash. And he’s on what- year 4? 5? 

The staff, that’s a whole different argument. I have a feeling they’ll be turned over sooner than later as well.

Just now, CRA said:

but would a NFL team still owing rights of a player prohibit them from employment as a non-player elsewhere?  

I don’t don’t according to jfra it doesn’t but I thought in the contract and CBA there are stipulations so people can’t “spy” etc. 

You know, I remember this one guy years ago that most NFL teams didn't think was good enough to play in the league.

There was this one team though, they took a chance on him. He took advantage of that opportunity and made a stellar career with them. Heck, he wound up being one of their most beloved players of all time.

But then one day, he just burned that whole bridge by leaving in free agency (to an expansion team, of all things).

What a disloyal jerk that guy was, huh? 😐

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3