• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perryman: maybe we just cut him?

saX man

I mean, he's still not ready.  He's not counting a ton towards the cap, maybe we drop the experiment before it starts.  We have Reddick, Shaq, Carter, Luuvu in the LB room anyways.  May do better getting a final cut from another team at MLB to backup Carter.  

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2021/08/17/panthers-preseason-injury-updates-lb-denzel-perryman/

Perryman, who has missed prolonged periods of time over his now seven-year career with a history of knee and ankle injuries, is still nursing his way back from what the team is describing as a lower-body injury. Head coach Matt Rhule has already ruled out the possibility of a return to practice for the inside backer this week.

“I don’t think Denzel will be ready,” Rhule stated on Monday when asked of Perryman’s status. “I have not yet seen him. All indications are that he’s not ready yet.”

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I honestly figured this was just inevitable. Maybe he doesn't get cut this round but I can't understand the logic to keeping a guy that hasn't played or practiced basically this entire camp.

Plus....I mean the vaccine thing makes it easier from a team standpoint.

Yeah, he's done himself no favors.  He's been as close to invisible as he can be.  I can very well see him being a cut when we draw down to 53 (or put on IR)

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Yeah, he's done himself no favors.  He's been as close to invisible as he can be.  I can very well see him being a cut when we draw down to 53 (or put on IR)

I would just plain cut him at the 53. He isn't worth keeping around if he can't get healthy. It's been his reputation already.

• Pie 1