• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former Panthers' QB taunted as "Checkdown King" by opposing team's safety

Icege

22 minutes ago, Martin said:

Well played!

Loved Cam when he was playing for us, and wish him the best. But not diving for that ball down by one score late in the super bowl will never stop blow my mind. 

Well played my ass. Look at the gif.  Cam's expecting Ware's arm to bounce the ball the other way, so he tried to change direction.

Cam  laid his body on the line for the team for years. It's just a lazy argument, based off how one play looks.

And  if we're going that route. Why didn't Jake Delhomme pull himself out of the 09 season or at halftime in the ARZ playoff game, when Matt Moore clearly was better than he was. What a selfish asshole of a QB.

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

And  if we're going that route. Why didn't Jake Delhomme pull himself out of the 09 season or at halftime in the ARZ playoff game, when Matt Moore clearly was better than he was. What a selfish asshole of a QB.

To be fair, any QB that isn't Cam nor Jake gets the "EVERYTHING THEY DO IS BAD AND THEY SHOULD FEEL BAD" treatment.

But yea, Cam was reading the bounce (and the man read it correctly). Even then, we wouldn't have been in that position if Mike Shula had, you know, GIVEN MIKE REMMERS HELP AGAINST VON MILLER

Scream GIF by Originals

Edited by Icege

Lol the fact the gif triggers you guys

cam had a super sayan 2015 and it was godly I will never forget it and will probably be my favorite season ever

that gif is great because it separates objective cam fans from the creepy cam stans. He clearly fuged up, and anyone who tries to analyze it with all kinds of justifications and excuses you can pretty much ignore their bias takes on cam as a qb, cam wasn’t perfect 

imagine if that was brees or matt Ryan I’d love to see those comments

Cam can still make mistakes and be one of the toughest sob’s to play this game, because he is.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 3
  • Poo 3

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

cam had a super sayan 2015 and it was godly I will never forget it and will probably be my favorite season ever

that gif is great because it separates objective cam fans from the creepy cam stans. He clearly fuged up, and anyone who tries to analyze it with all kinds of justifications and excuses you can pretty much ignore their bias takes on cam as a qb, cam wasn’t perfect 

Cam can still make mistakes and be one of the toughest sob’s to play this game, because he is.

You won't find any disagreement from me that Cam stans are obnoxious af, but to assume that Brees or Ryan would still be in the game after the first headshot is silly af.

Cam, meanwhile, was still in the game trying to win.

It is what it is at this point. Cotchery caught it. Shula should've gameplanned better. Rivera should've protected his franchise QB better. KB's ACL shouldn't have snapped. Etc etc.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

You won't find any disagreement from me that Cam stans are obnoxious af, but to assume that Brees or Ryan would still be in the game after the first headshot is silly af.

It is what it is at this point. Cotchery caught it. Shula should've gameplanned better. Rivera should've protected his franchise QB better. KB's ACL shouldn't have snapped. Etc etc.

refs should of called the illegal bats and head shots.  

• Pie 3

Just now, Icege said:

I am a little curious and concerned how long Cam downplayed injuries he had, too, because we had "built" a team that required him to even have a chance.  How long could his time as a Panther have been lengthened if he sits more games, especially earlier in 2018?  I suppose we will never know if more permanent damage was done.  

I love Cam and the very nature of his competitiveness meant we needed coaches that could more objectively assess his health.  Felt like it didn't happen.  It wasn't 'just' a failure to bring in competent offensive coaches or skill positions or a line...

1 minute ago, CRA said:

refs should of called the illegal bats and head shots.  

I don't normally complain about refs but that game certainly advanced some conspiracy theories heh.  But then again, Cam always got treated kinda crappy . Reminds me a bit of how centers in the NBA can be treated.  

11 minutes ago, onmyown said:

In hindsight he probably should have jumped on it - yes. Maybe. 

It's not the split decision move that bothers me, it's the BS narrative that he jumped away from the pile to avoid contact that triggers me. As if we all haven't watched him run over, stiff arm and juke some of the best defenders in the NFL like Earl Thomas.

And not sure if WE wouldn't have more readily identified the true intentions of Brees or Ryan in that situation. You know them being so cerebral and all. 

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

In hindsight he probably should have jumped on it - yes. Maybe. 

It's not the split decision move that bothers me, it's the BS narrative that he jumped away from the pile to avoid contact that triggers me. As if we all haven't watched him run over, stiff arm and juke some of the best defenders in the NFL like Earl Thomas.

And not sure if WE wouldn't have more readily identified the true intentions of Brees or Ryan in that situation. You know them being so cerebral and all. 

yea let’s be real

if it was brees or Ryan in that pic it would instantly become a huddle gif classic favorite with plenty of pussy QB commentary to go with it..this is fact

1 hour ago, Icege said:

I know the cam stans here like to think no other QB has been hit like that and survived and only their beloved cam could possibly do it, but that is not true at all whatsoever. Brees has been obliterated and still kept playing. Hate or love brees he is tough. So was a million other QBs I could name. 

However that wasn’t even what was said. What was said is if we had a similar gif of another qb not falling on the fumble, the huddle would have a hay day with it. But because it’s cam there might be an excuse or justification because it’s just not possible he could fug up, Stan mentality

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

4 minutes ago, onmyown said:

yea let’s be real

if it was brees or Ryan in that pic it would instantly become a huddle gif classic favorite with plenty of pussy QB commentary to go with it..this is fact

I know the cam stans here like to think no other QB has been hit like that and survived and only their beloved cam could possibly do it, but that is not true at all whatsoever. Brees has been obliterated and still kept playing. Hate or love brees he is tough. So was a million other QBs I could name. 

However that wasn’t even what was said. What was said is if we had a similar gif of another qb not falling on the fumble, the huddle would have a hay day with it. But because it’s cam there might be an excuse or justification because it’s just not possible he could fug up, Stan mentality

Agree with this. There is no doubt Cam was super tough, took a lot of beating, carried the team at times. But to not acknowledge that was a very weird play in his career is just odd. 

I’m not one to blindly support someone no matter what they do, it doesn’t have to be all or nothing all the time. It is ok with constructive criticism at times. Doesn’t mean you are a hater. Loved Cam, but this will forever remain a head scratcher.

44 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

A little surprised, and a little not. I figured it'd be Teddy, but it's not surprising Cam might be a little shell shocked after being behind our offensive line for years.

I "proudly" wear the badge of Huddle Teddy Defender and can say that film, stats, nor circumstances show that a majority of the Huddle narratives disparaging him were true (outside ofc the "OMG HE'S NOT WORTH HIS CONTRACT" which is true for most non-QBs in the league).

I don't think this is as much Cam shellshock as much as it is offenses with Cam in them. Those offenses are going to focus on spreading the field vertically to allow Cam running room or to stretch them out horizontally to create running lanes for him. The unfortunate truth is that those offenses are built around Cam's running abilities rather than his passer abilities. During the early part of his career was this a detriment? imo ABSO-fuging-LUTLEY. Cam could SLANG THAT THANG and to rely on his abilities as a runner just because he didn't have NFL hits stacked up on him was kinda dumb imo.

Cam has the unfortunate reality of being born ahead of his time. As more teams start to look at the QB position as one that can create plays with their legs as much as their arm (the same revolution we're seeing with the RB position being more than a bruising runner and a jack-of-all-trades master-of-all type of position), we'll start to see offenses morph to take advantage of do-it-all QBs like Cam.

Unfortunately, Teddy had to be the "bridge" guy which means folks were going to look at him like he was Cam's replacement when really he was just the guy brought in to take over after Cam. Sam is going through the same poo, just that there was a brief buffer between him and Cam.

Could y'all imagine if Sam was traded for last year? Ooh wee mayne this place would be so toxic it'd be nuclear fallout levels.

Related note: Cam torching the Eagles last night made my pepe rock solid

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

yea let’s be real

Pls find me a gif where Brees or Ryan had a defender literally rocket launch themselves from their feet into the QB's face while trying to throw a pass

That player would have been drawn and quartered by Goodell

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1