• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Perspective, Directive, and Erective - The Panthers offensive woes and you

Zod

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

My guess is that they probably will when the games count. 

It's possible we dumpster dive for a FB during roster cuts too. IIRC, that was mentioned by the staff in a press conference in the last couple of weeks. Not the dumpster diving specifically but the fact that a FB might be brought in.

• Beer 1

No biggie that a vanilla play in the pre-season didn't work.  It was an experiment to judge OL blocking.  They found out who couldn't cut it.  These 3 games are more a process of elimination, rather than an effort to win meaningless games.  As @Zodsaid, this one play might decide who plays where on the OL.  If so, even better than had we scored.

We went out and got 2 very tall play-making receivers, whose specialties are EZ catches.  In regular game situations, look for play-action, then a pass to one of those boys, in the back of the EZ.  6 points.  Fine with me if we convince the league that we've learned nothing, and will continue to run it up the middle.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, kungfoodude said:

It's possible we dumpster dive for a FB during roster cuts too. IIRC, that was mentioned by the staff in a press conference in the last couple of weeks. Not the dumpster diving specifically but the fact that a FB might be brought in.

I must've missed that.  Makes sense if they keep fewer TE's in the roster and want to keep them healthy. 

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I must've missed that.  Makes sense if they keep fewer TE's in the roster and want to keep them healthy. 

I could be wrong and perhaps I am recalling a speculative article that wasn't quoting them directly. I do remember seeing something regarding FB and possibly adding one, however.

• Beer 1

For me redzone concerns are less about the personnel which will be different week 1 anyway and more about the situational playcalling. It left some things to be desired last year and not all of that was on Teddy. Hoping we learned some lessons in that area.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but we've seen CMC come up short in those situations in real games before and we know that he is an elite player. It's possible to get bailed out by a great player and great FB in some situations but if your OL doesn't execute in goal line, 95% of the time you are gonna be sunk in a situation like that. 

That's why having a Cam or Josh Allen type QB bailed can bail you out in those scenarios. It's like having another giant FB on the field.

Well when you have weak OL play….it certainly doesn’t aid to have embarrassingly weak FB/lead blocking play added to that.  

Guy could watch Temble’s college type to learn some pointers.  

If that is the case, Brady shouldn’t call plays  that center around that one block.  That goal play did.    The design of that play putt it all on the FB taking out that one defender.  Which he didn’t come close to.  

Just seems like an easy fix.  Get an actual FB. Or see if Tremble can do what he did in college at this level.   Because using guys like Thompson there isn’t going to help CMCs odds. 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

For me redzone concerns are less about the personnel which will be different week 1 anyway and more about the situational playcalling. It left some things to be desired last year and not all of that was on Teddy. Hoping we learned some lessons in that area.

I also don't think there are going to be many times we go hat on a hat in a goal line scenario with no wrinkles. Our OL is subpar and our OC likes to get cute(sometimes perplexing) in those spots. 

18 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

No I understand completely when we looked like we did we will be lucky to win 6 games this year. Teams that are 0-2 right now are teams with MVP quarterbacks. Repsond back to me when u think you know more about football!

You do realize the guys that got the majority of the snaps last night will not see the field much or even be on the team when the regular season starts?

0-2 in preseason means diddly squat. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

Well when you have weak OL play….it certainly doesn’t aid to have embarrassingly weak FB/lead blocking play added to that.  

Guy could watch Temble’s college type to learn some pointers.  

If that is the case, Brady shouldn’t call plays  that center around that one block.  That goal play did.    The design of that play putt it all on the FB taking out that one defender.  Which he didn’t come close to.  

Just seems like an easy fix.  Get an actual FB. Or see if Tremble can do what he did in college at this level.   Because using guys like Thompson there isn’t going to help CMCs odds. 

I think they got the information they needed from those results.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Red Zone play calling is an issue again. Brady should have called 4 pass plays to test Darnold at the goal line. They’re coddling his ass way too much.

CMCs best running is done up the middle. Well between the Tackles anyways. 

44 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah let’s just lose in front of our biggest home crowd in over a year. That’s awesome go team!

17 game season bud. 3 preseason games in 12 days with two separate joint practices in the middle. 

They ran out of their base set at the goaline

i think the health of the players is more important to the coaches than, “biggest home crowd in two years”

also that goal sequence was all out of base, if anyone needed further proof about how much they didn’t give af about that drive.

• Beer 1