• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Darnold "coddled" ?

TheBigKat

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Darnold sucks.  We know.  Mods normally lock kicked threads like this.  I'm sure they won't this time because they desperately hopelessly LOVE the topic.

We should kick one about Rhule and one about Tepper too and feed that fetish.

Nic3EoT.gif

He is still our starting QB so it is still relevant until it is not. 

The fetish is that you think they don't deserve it, it's 100% earned and unfortunately relevant. 

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Darnold sucks.  We know.  Mods normally lock kicked threads like this.  I'm sure they won't this time because they desperately hopelessly LOVE the topic.

We should kick one about Rhule and one about Tepper too and feed that fetish.

Nic3EoT.gif

Rayzor generally locks them. I'm more of an asshole than him. I'm for letting people with bad takes take their lumps. 😂

Huge props to @glenwo2 though. He came in with the worst of takes as Darnold's biggest fanboy. But the guy took his lumps and hung around. I was wrong about him.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Waldo said:

He is still our starting QB so it is still relevant until it is not. 

The fetish is that you think they don't deserve it, it's 100% earned and unfortunately relevant. 

Oh he's earned derision.  He sucks.  There are some here who want to roll with this guy this year to get back at Rhule.  I want to move on. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Rayzor generally locks them. I'm more of an asshole than him. I'm for letting people with bad takes take their lumps. 😂

Huge props to @glenwo2 though. He came in with the worst of takes as Darnold's biggest fanboy. But the guy took his lumps and hung around. I was wrong about him.

Yea @glenwo2was shaped and molded by the Huddle. He is a model of what persistent attendance on the Huddle can do to a fan, and maybe even a person. 

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah he's earned his stripes. The other couple of Darnold fans that followed in with him snuck out in the dark of night. Especially that one who particularly disliked Cam and openly talked about what a jerk he was and hated his clothes and his personality. What a doozy of a pick they chose to fanboy out for. Sam Darnold 🤣😂

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

14 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Oh he's earned derision.  He sucks.  There are some here who want to roll with this guy this year to get back at Rhule.  I want to move on. 

I want to roll with Sam but that is because these people picked up his 5th and it doesn't look like they have found a taker for him yet. Now that the rookie QBs don't look to be able to beat out Sam, letting Rhule and Sam sink together is just too funny in a laugh over anger type way. 

Yeah it is earned, acting like it was a knee jerk reaction is a weird take. It's a bad situation and it is not through yet. What the hell else are we going to talk about? Which game CMC goes down? How many CBs they can fit on the field? 4 losing years really takes a lot of positives off the table for me I guess. Just weird 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I want to roll with Sam but that is because these people picked up his 5th and it doesn't look like they have found a taker for him yet. Now that the rookie QBs don't look to be able to beat out Sam, letting Rhule and Sam sink together is just too funny in a laugh over anger type way. 

Yeah it is earned, acting like it was a knee jerk reaction is a weird take. It's a bad situation and it is not through yet. What the hell else are we going to talk about? Which game CMC goes down? How many CBs they can fit on the field? 4 losing years really takes a lot of positives off the table for me I guess. Just weird 

Yeah, honestly it's time for Rhule to lie in the bed that he's made for himself. Throwing real resources at another trash heap vet shouldn't be an option.

If we had an owner who could admit to mistakes, Matt Rhule would be trying to recruit kids to come play for him at Tulane or somewhere like that right now.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, honestly it's time for Rhule to lie in the bed that he's made for himself. Throwing real resources at another trash heap vet shouldn't be an option.

If we had an owner who could admit to mistakes, Matt Rhule would be trying to recruit kids to come play for him at Tulane or somewhere like that right now.

Which leads me to wonder about how bad it all is in house. It's year 3, when he doesn't do what he did in college will anything change? I'm not so sure anymore. I started to think that Tepper left his balls on his desk so he could watch his people tickle them all day and not to display how big they are. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Which leads me to wonder about how bad it all is in house. It's year 3, when he doesn't do what he did in college will anything change? I'm not so sure anymore. I started to think that Tepper left his balls on his desk so he could watch his people tickle them all day and not to display how big they are. 

I'll say it again, I honestly think Tepper is just embarrassed right now. He swung BIG on Matt Rhule and thought he had the next Belichick. He was strutting around showing him off like a proud new father. 😂

He's not yet ready to swallow the very bitter pill that he was very wrong.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1