• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

A bunch of mental gymnastics going on to try and make it a bad deal. The Huddle gonna Huddle even when a deal is good. Why don't you guys just move on? Like I told you last week, you're going to respect Robby! But, if you don't, it hardly matters. Robby earned his money, regardless of who you think is better blah blah blah.

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Not exactly rocket science. The first part of negotiation is to ask for more than you can probably get. 

And he got within 250k/year from it. What’s your point? It’s enough of a science that it eludes you as it has for many years of rants about how “good” any signing was, when most were awful. 

Edited by Toomers

On 8/25/2021 at 7:38 PM, Toomers said:

And he got within 250k/year from it. What’s your point? It’s enough of a science that it eludes you as it has for many years of rants about how “good” any signing was, when most were awful. 

He didn't get within 250k/year of it.  The most he's getting in one season is 13 from what I've read.  Early reports were a little off.

It's a 2 year extension with added salary this year, I think.

Edit : The deal includes $20.5 million in guaranteed money. The Panthers increased Anderson’s 2021 salary from $8 million to $12.5 million. In addition he will make $13 million in 2022 and $12 million in 2023. https://www.wrdw.com/2021/08/25/panthers-sign-robby-anderson-375m-extension/

Edited by mav1234

6 minutes ago, gibran said:

It was their final preseason game .you think they’re supposed to look like that? Who are missing the unveiling of najee? Lol 

well, their JV D did a pretty good job in the first half all things considered.  Mike Tomlin was probably thrilled with that group overall in the first half. 

took a 2 minute drill as time was running out in the half for them to finally look like the JV D. 

and they started their 3rd string project QB. 

that was a JV Steeler squad.   They had an extra preseason game and used their starters the week prior.  

• Beer 2

18 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

He didn't get within 250k/year of it.  The most he's getting in one season is 13 from what I've read.  Early reports were a little off.

It's a 2 year extension with added salary this year, I think.

Really? Where did you “read” that. Who was the source? What’s there track record. It doesn’t matter what year it comes off, if he plays those two seasons, it’s 29.5M. 

Now, since this has been available since yesterday, here is what actually happened. Not some guess. The Panthers took cap space from this year and kicked it along with the 29.5M to the next two years. For a 3 year total of 41.5M. As I’ve said from the beginning. 

Current Contract

(Extension, signed 2021)

Year Cap
Number
Dead Money & Cap Savings
Cut (pre-June 1)Cut (post-June 1)Trade (pre-June 1)Trade (post-June 1)RestructureExtension 
Total $41,500,000
2021 $8,826,666
$24,500,000
($15,673,334)
2022 $16,836,666
$15,673,334
$1,163,332
2023 $15,836,668
$3,836,668
$12,000,000

And OTC has a detailed breakdown of all of it. 

https://overthecap.com/robby-anderson-extension-creates-3-2m-in-cap-space/

Who wrote that other article? How did they have specific(and very wrong numbers) as soon as it was announced? No one will even claim the lie. But people’s eat up whatever they want to believe. 

Edited by Toomers