• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers and WR Robby Anderson have agreed to a 2-year, $29.5 million extension, per source.

SgtJoo

15 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Lol this extension will have no impact on DJ's negotiations.  It's laughable that you think his agent is gonna use Robby's middle-of-the-road contract as a baseline for negotiations...he was always gonna use the Hopkins/Julio/Keenan Allen/Tyreek Hill type contracts as the starting point.  You think his agent is gonna be like "Well....Robby got $12.5 million/year and we both know DJ Moore is at least 75% better than Robby, so we want $22 million/year".  Modest contracts don't set the market for players like DJ Moore.

To think it doesn’t is madness. He we could have gotten that down to 18-20 with a full guarantee. Now 22 is the low end. 

Reddick will be 27 next month.  He is on a one-year contract.  If he and Burns play well, he will want a contract and we will want to keep him.  Put your money on the edge rusher in his prime; he is very versatile, nice fit for what Snow is doing.

DJ, on the other hand, has year 4 (this year) and year 5 (2022).  He has solid depth behind him (Marshall, ShiSmith) and Anderson across from him.  No rush to sign DJ.  We could get  by without him, but to lose an edge rusher in his prime to fill the WR cup to the brim does not make much sense.

I like DJ, but you have to step back from your emotions.   Reddick is the answer.

And Jackson?  No.  He is good, but Taylor is the next CB across from Horn.  And not many people are saying so, but the light seemed to come on for Stantly Thomas Oliver III.  Throw in Harsfield, Bouye, and Pride, we are OK at CB.  Let him go.  I like the person and his sense of humor, but its business.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's just basic fan speculation with no actual roots in reality.

there are decades of players and agents discussing the scenario in great detail.   And Robbie and his team being sane and wanting a deal for Robby before the season starts….is common sense being applied to the situation.       

and Robby got his deal.  Before the season started.   You would be a horrible agent if you didn’t think that timing mattered.  Robby’s agent did a good thing for Robby.  Now he has real insurance for the season. 

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

there are decades of players and agents discussing the scenario in great detail.   And Robbie and his team being sane and wanting a deal for Robby before the season starts….is common sense being applied to the situation.   

is it speculation? Sure.  Rooted in the reality that is the NFL.     

and Robby got his deal.  Before the season started.  

It was supposedly also "common sense" that he was pissed about us trading for Darnold and wanted to get away from him.

Except...

Goofball fan theories aren't common sense at all, and the narratives put forth on here definitely were anything but.

It was dumb speculation. Hell, a lot of folks recognized that even back before this news broke.

Edited by Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

15M a year for Robby? This is absolute trash. He’s worth 6-8M a year at the best. Welcome Hurney 2.0. Ffs.

5 hours ago, Harbingers said:

this is basically he’s gone writing on the wall. 

Good lord, one of the worst takes I’ve heard in a while

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It was supposedly also "common sense" that he was pissed about us trading for Darnold and wanted to get away from him.

Except...

Goofball fan theories aren't common sense at all, and the narratives put forth on here definitely were anything but.

It was dumb speculation. Hell, a lot of folks recognized that even back before this news broke.

I’d rather you just stick to this conversation where you to tell me some more about why it doesn’t really matter to Robby and his agent when a deal gets done.   Preseason or week 8…..it’s all the same per Mr Scott.   That blown ACL wouldn’t impact anything.  Carolina would just offer him the same deal as if it never happened. 

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Reddick will be 27 next month.  He is on a one-year contract.  If he and Burns play well, he will want a contract and we will want to keep him.  Put your money on the edge rusher in his prime; he is very versatile, nice fit for what Snow is doing.

DJ, on the other hand, has year 4 (this year) and year 5 (2022).  He has solid depth behind him (Marshall, ShiSmith) and Anderson across from him.  No rush to sign DJ.  We could get  by without him, but to lose an edge rusher in his prime to fill the WR cup to the brim does not make much sense.

I like DJ, but you have to step back from your emotions.   Reddick is the answer.

Reddick over DJ? He hasn't played a down for Carolina yet. DJ is only 24 years old and wide receiver is a very coveted position in a pass happy league. Way too early for any of this. It hinges more on the development of our rookie receivers this year and is also dependent on one of them stepping into a starting spot when Anderson moves on. This is a dilemma I'd rather not consider rn. Let's hope Darnold is as advertised around here.

It's always amazes me when ppl would rather stay stuck in stupidity arguing a losing point.. Instead of just admitting a bad take when facts and actual numbers are place in front of them...

After seeing reality, facts, and real numbers.. The plan is clear.. 2 year deal with DJ deal and the Development  of TMJ and Shi fitting nicely in that timeline... Add in a rising cap and there is no doubt Fitt has Atleast a plan that is functional.

Edited by WOW!!
Error
  • Pie 2

I don’t get it. We finally have two solid starting wrs and some are complaining that we are extending one of them.  Some quickly has forgotten how we use to try our best to get someone opposite of Steve when Moose had left. Keyshawn, Hackett, Colbert, jarrett just to name a few. They will extend DJ when his time comes or if we have a suitable replacement . TMJ and Smith are looking promising but we have yet to see them in full action throughout a NFL season. I’m excited to see how this season goes he Darnold and turn things around and the o line can keep him upright 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’d rather you just stick to this conversation where you to tell me some more about why it doesn’t really matter to Robby and his agent when a deal gets done.   Preseason or week 8…..it’s all the same per Mr Scott.   That blown ACL wouldn’t impact anything.  Carolina would just offer him the same deal as if it never happened. 

I'd rather you stick to posts that actually make sense, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

The reality is Anderson never held out. He didn't miss any mandatory time and only missed OTAs for family/personal reasons.

But the Chicken Littles always have to freak out about something.

• Pie 3

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd rather you stick to posts that actually make sense, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

The reality is Anderson never held out. He didn't miss any mandatory time and only missed OTAs for family/personal reasons.

But the Chicken Littles always have to freak out about something.

I don’t know what did or didn’t happen.  I can only speculate.   Which is what people do here.

but Robby and his agent wanting that deal before the season started….is common sense.   To claim otherwise to that part, is throwing common sense out the window.