• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule names starting MLB

Mr. Scot

Good for Jermaine Carter, Jr.  It's nice to see the rare later-round Hurney pick develop into a legitimate starter. 

He certainly has worked his tail off and has had to impress Rivera to make the roster to stay beyond his rookie season, and since last year Rhule (who didn't draft him and had no reason to stick with him).

As for Perryman, I'm sure there is frustration building with the coaching staff about him not being out there, but Perryman has been a good player when he's been healthy, and finding an upgrade is not as easy as some people want to make it out to be.

I personally think he makes the team, but barring injuries, I don't see him getting a lot of playing time barring injuries.

One thing I'm growing to respect from Rhule is that it seems like he makes everyone on the team earn playing time by performance alone, without regard to draft position.  There is no deference to a veterans living off the past like former coaches.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I like the group. I believe in Carter and Luvu. 

same. We don't really know what we'll get from those two but it feels promising. Shaq on the other hand...we know exactly what to expect from him

Just now, RJK said:

same. We don't really know what we'll get from those two but it feels promising. Shaq on the other hand...we know exactly what to expect from him

Agreed. Shaq will be solid for us. Too many hate on him because of his contract and I agree he is getting paid more than he should. He cannot control that, but will give his best which is always average to above average depending on the game. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Agreed. Shaq will be solid for us. Too many hate on him because of his contract and I agree he is getting paid more than he should. He cannot control that, but will give his best which is always average to above average depending on the game. 

He had to play beside Whitehead last year, he's a good captain and deserves this year to prove his value. Post June cut next year would save like 6 million so not a great contract but better than Matt kalil wasted money

• Beer 1