• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Pittsburgh Steelers at Carolina Panthers Gameday Thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:
newton_david.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

David NewtonESPN Staff Writer 

Panthers coach Matt Rhule isn't concerned that the Steelers aren't playing most or any of their starters tonight . He feels he will get a good evaluation of quarterback Sam Darnold and his starters - minus Christian McCaffrey. The running back is not expected to play. As Rhule has noted, McCaffrey will take enough hits during the season.

Has David found out if Sam finally got the 2nd-half of his couch yet?    🙃

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Serious question for my Charlotte & NC folks: 

im sure you know some people who “grew up” as steelers fans like I did but does anyone know a steelers fan that was actually from Pitt or WPA? 

Steeler and Cowboy fans are just like Duke BBall fans - nobody knows anyone who actually attended Duke lol 

I know or work with several people that grew up around Pittsburgh before migrating to Wilmington. My brother, on the other hand, grew up in SE NC, and is a life long Steelers fan going back to the days of the steel curtain. Hell, I don't think he's ever even been to Pittsburgh, but he is fat, loud and pasty, so he fit's the fan base.

Edited by shaqattaq
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

I know or work with several people that grew up around Pittsburgh before migrating to Wilmington. My brother, on the other hand, grew up in SE NC, and is a life long Steelers fan going back to the days of the steel curtain. Hel, I don't think he's ever even been to Pittsburgh, but he is fat, loud and pasty, so he fit's the fan base.

I laughed so hard at this, I snorted. Very unladylike.

• Beer 2

It’s short notice, but anybody want any Free tickets for tonight? Found out a bit ago we unexpectedly wouldn’t be able to make it.

Four tickets.

Upper deck, 50 yard line, row 17. 

PM me if interested and I can get your email for the transfer. 

I’ll update this comment when they’re with a good home. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

This is to let you know, im a Jet fan, member of Jet Nation, wishing Sam the best in Carolina. Wanted the Jet's to keep Sam and draft Pitts, and hopefully gathering a few more picks. Been at war with Jet nation board members as to why Sam failed there.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

10. Brian Burns to win Defensive Player of the Year (+12500, or 125-1)
This is one where I had to look up the odds about 12 different times to make sure I wasn’t missing something. There are currently 47(!) players with better odds for this award. Has no one watched Brian Burns play football?

He had 7.5 sacks and 16 QB hits as a rookie before bumping up to nine sacks and 21 QB hits last year. That was on a defense that couldn’t cover anyone. The advanced stats love Burns. ESPN tracks pass rush win rate, which measures how often a defender produces pressure within 2.5 seconds of the snap. Burns ranked fourth among edge defenders last year, ahead of guys like Joey Bosa and Chase Young. The film is impressive too. Burns has elite athleticism and an impressive arsenal of pass-rush moves.

At 23 years old, he’s primed for a monster season and could easily lead the league in sacks. Should Donald win Defensive Player of the Year every season? Probably. But if he doesn’t, Burns at these odds is the best bet 

https://theathletic.com/2785428/2021/08/26/ten-best-bets-for-the-2021-nfl-season-include-love-for-the-packers-trey-lance-and-the-broncos-defense/

1 hour ago, 4Corners said:

Serious question for my Charlotte & NC folks: 

im sure you know some people who “grew up” as steelers fans like I did but does anyone know a steelers fan that was actually from Pitt or WPA? 

Steeler and Cowboy fans are just like Duke BBall fans - nobody knows anyone who actually attended Duke lol 

Not exactly… a  classmate in high school’s dad was from WPA.  That made them de facto Steeler fans.  Other than that?  Same reason we have Dallas and Washington fans.  It’s all they showed on TV.