• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Trade Incoming! Bills trading DE Darryl Johnson to Carolina!

joemac

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

I bet there is quite a few of us that had a team to root for before the Panthers came along. I was a Lions fan for 30 years, but been a Panther since day 1. I still love my Lions, but I don't follow them nearly as much as I should. I blame the Detroit Free Press for charging for their online content. That slowed my information highway to almost a stall.

Was a Baltimore Colts fan.  Unitas my childhood hero. I stopped following them when Irsay pulled the plug and disappeared into the night in '84.  

Jumped on the Giant bandwagon because LT (a Tarheel) was in NY.  Stayed a Giant fan until we got our beloved Panthers.  Been a true loyal fan since.  More downs than up but still love them. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 hours ago, Scott12345 said:

I was big skins fan…Joe Gibbs, john rigging, art monk

i still despise the cowboys, giants, eagles…prob Philly the most

My mother loved the Lions, and anyone that beat the Skins. For a while there, anytime we actually made the Playoffs, it was the Skins that sent us home. Fuging Hogs. lol

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

Lol, me too... was a hardcore Cowboys fan before Carolina got a franchise... funny thing is, after the 1996 Super Bowl vs Steelers I never cared for them again, some of my family still thinks I'm a Cowboys fan, lol. 

To be fair, that's when the Cowboys were still "Americas" team and was a good franchise, of course that waned the longer Jerry Jones was owner. Heck, I was a fan even during the Tex Schramm/Tom Landry years, the TRUE Americas team! (It's D-day in DALLAS!) lol

When Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, that was the last straw for me, dallas can kiss my ass! Luckily, the very next year I started hearing about the Carolinas getting their own team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 hours ago, shaqattaq said:

When Jones fired Jimmy Johnson, that was the last straw for me, Dallas can kiss my ass! Luckily, the very next year I started hearing about the Carolinas getting their own team.

Same for me. Started watching when I was a toddler (Mom said it was about the only thing that would shut me up for hours on Sundays, lol). Supported them through the firing of Landry, even though that one stung, but enjoyed Johnson a lot though as his replacement.

Then the firing, the drug rings and rape scandals, the overbearing owner coming into his own as a complete prick, and the complete lack of remorse for any of it. It was too much for me, so I gave up on that shithole of a team and needed to pick a new one. Still glad I decided to go NFC and the Panthers, because being a Jags fan is just... masochistic. That's what I'm guessing at least.

• Pie 2

23 hours ago, Dragoon11 said:

Funny how that happens huh? No one, well anyone that knew me, would have ever thought I WOULD NOT be a Cowboys fan during that time. I've been football crazy since I was about 5 years old, no lie. My mother said she would catch me watching football instead of cartoons on Saturday. Have ALWAYS been passionate about football, at that time, especially the Dallas Cowboys (no idea how I became a Cowboys fan)... that being said, it's funny how our psyche would much rather have our own territorial army to root for. So much so that you would just give up a team you had been so passionate for since you were, well... old enough to remember, lol. I was a Panthers fan from day one! I remember their first pre-season, first game ever against Jacksonville in the HOF game... I was in Germany watching on the Armed Forces Network!!

I was in Kuwait sitting in the flight line chow hall watching the game.

I was a casual steelers fan before Carolina, but since I am from here I figured it would be ok to jump on the Panther bandwagon.

• Pie 1