• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talented Unvaccinated Players Getting Cut

I’m guessing this is going on around the league lots of fans surprised by their teams cuts.   But through old Panthers coach who is with the Skins they cut some talented players in lieu of lesser talented ones just because of being vaccinated vs not being vaccinated.   Wes Martin, Antonio Golden Gandy, Moreland, David Sharpe, Jeremy Reaves, and William Bradley King I’m told would have probably made it if they were vaccinated.   Moreland had so much more talent than Troy Apke but Apke is vaccinated.  

Do y’all think this is a NFL league wide thing or just Ron?

• Beer 2
  • Poo 2

I mean, it is going to be that way throughout the league. I don't believe that every team cares about whether the player is vaccinated or not PERSONALLY. However, if not, it can come back to bite the team very hard because of what THE NFL has put into place. Ron cares because of his personal health situation. I don't believe that most other coaches truly care about vax or no vax, they don't wanna forfeit games. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

I mean, it is going to be that way throughout the league. I don't believe that every team cares about whether the player is vaccinated or not PERSONALLY. However, if not, it can come back to bite the team very hard because of what THE NFL has put into place. Ron cares because of his personal health situation. I don't believe that most other coaches truly care about vax or no vax, they don't wanna forfeit games. 

Yeah I meant not personally care but having non vaccinated players jeopardize games and having to make team activities different with the non vaccinated players. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Being unvaccinated is akin to having an injury issue that's contagious.

Highly contagious, that can take your entire team out of a game, forcing you to forfeit. 

No matter how anyone feels about vaccinations or the rule, the simple presence of an unvaccinated person on your roster can result in an automatic "L". Hard to blame coaches that had no say in this rule. (to my knowledge) It's incredibly risky. (speaking only to losing games based on their presence, not Covid itself) 

All personal feelings aside, allowing a nonvaccinated player to stay on your roster presents an issue you wouldn't otherwise have, and a very costly one at that.....regardless of how anyone feels about the rule. 

• Pie 8

Here is what will happen imo. Team X will have a COVID outbreak and forfeit several games. Then the NFL will make the mandatory vaccine announcement. The thing that is holding them back is that if a player is harmed by the vaccine, then that player can sue that NFL. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mbarbour21 said:

Highly contagious, that can take your entire team out of a game, forcing you to forfeit. 

No matter how anyone feels about vaccinations or the rule, the simple presence of an unvaccinated person on your roster can result in an automatic "L". Hard to blame coaches that had no say in this rule. (to my knowledge) It's incredibly risky. (speaking only to losing games based on their presence, not Covid itself) 

All personal feelings aside, allowing a nonvaccinated player to stay on your roster presents an issue you wouldn't otherwise have, and a very costly one at that.....regardless of how anyone feels about the rule. 

Bingo.

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Won't be long before the vaccine is mandatory in the NFL imo.

It "basically" already is, if you want to keep your job. I know that it technically is not. But it's like gassing a room and saying you didn't tell anyone they had to leave. Haha!

• Pie 2

If you had a really talented player who was either really klutzy or violent in practice that could at any time not just take themselves out of play for two weeks, but also take multiple teammates out of practices and games for two weeks you probably would be wise to cut that guy.

That's what unvaccinated players could well be. And it's not like they haven't been warned.

Foolish players will cost you. It's like taking Vontaze Burfict and putting you on your practice squad. He's gonna take out a few of your starters sooner or later in practice.

9 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Here is what will happen imo. Team X will have a COVID outbreak and forfeit several games. Then the NFL will make the mandatory vaccine announcement. The thing that is holding them back is that if a player is harmed by the vaccine, then that player can sue that NFL. 

Honestly, would they even be able to sue them?

Nobody is forcing them to get the vaccine, even if there is a mandate, they don't HAVE to take it, they just can't be employed by an NFL team.

That's still the player's choice in the end to take the vaccine or not, so not sure they would have any legal grounds to sue the NFL.

If you could sue over a vaccine mandate, I'm guessing you wouldn't have any schools or employers instituting a mandate as it would be too much of a legal liability.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 2

Suspending my opinions and beliefs for a moment, the league has made it clear that if you can’t field a team due to COVID the game is forfeit.  

Im no rocket surgeon, but coach’s will go to extraordinary lengths to remove variables.

This should shock no one.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1