• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers waiver claims and practice squad signings

Mr. Scot

16 hours ago, MHS831 said:

Nice pick.  I recall liking him as a late-round QB in 2019 or so.  He had a better JR year than SR year, but at Florida International, who knows what kind of support he had.

He had a good staff there in 2018 and 2019. Sounds like he had a knee injury in 2019 but played thru it.....

He has the tools. Think for him it's more about reps and getting to play against higher caliber players on a consistent basis.  He's also cheaper than Grier and easier to stash for another year.

Long term he's a backup. NFL arm but no touch at this point (2019) and issues with footwork. Only has the fastball but it's good, very good. Big time gun slinger. 

He had a chance before Wilson to stick around and maybe get there one day with the Jets. Now that was never going to happen so I get why he left one PS for another. 

• Pie 1

It looks like he is the prototypical West Coast offense QB, quick reads, get the ball out ASAP.

With our O-line and the possibility Sam may get injured at some point this season he may see the field.

I don't wish any Ls on the Panthers, but we have to do something to fix this O-line rather than patchwork, I don't care if we get the #1 draft pick and the best QB out of college....if our O-line continues to be an amalgam of average to below average linemen then we have nothing.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

It’s where I live. 

My Grandfather was head of corrections for the state of oregon.  Once, when I was kid, I had to come in and get cleaned up because the Governor was coming over--no cops or secret service--he just drove up in his car with his wife and got out and walked inside.

He once had lunch with the crew of One Flew Over the CooCoo's nest--the were filming part of it in his building.

And then there was the minnow catching in the Willamette (Spelling?) River.   Good times.

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

It looks like he is the prototypical West Coast offense QB, quick reads, get the ball out ASAP.

With our O-line and the possibility Sam may get injured at some point this season he may see the field.

I don't wish any Ls on the Panthers, but we have to do something to fix this O-line rather than patchwork, I don't care if we get the #1 draft pick and the best QB out of college....if our O-line continues to be an amalgam of average to below average linemen then we have nothing.

I mean, there is no excuse for not finding a quality LG---LT is another story. 

I think we are going to use the TEs a lot to help, but they are not helping the middle that much.  Paradis and Elf need to get off those skates and actually beat some people.  Moton to LT and Christensen to RT sure sounds good.  Then put Jordan at LG--better than what we have now.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I mean, there is no excuse for not finding a quality LG---LT is another story. 

I think we are going to use the TEs a lot to help, but they are not helping the middle that much.  Paradis and Elf need to get off those skates and actually beat some people.  Moton to LT and Christensen to RT sure sounds good.  Then put Jordan at LG--better than what we have now.

I agree that I think the Panthers may show a lot of 2 TE sets, but that isn't going to help up the middle. 

Our interior needs some help, but I think you would agree we still went the route of piecemealing our O-line this year.  We have to invest with draft choices and free agents who are known commodities not other team's average to garbage depth or a vet who is coming off of an injury with question marks.

• Beer 1

16 minutes ago, Rocky Davis said:

I agree that I think the Panthers may show a lot of 2 TE sets, but that isn't going to help up the middle. 

Our interior needs some help, but I think you would agree we still went the route of piecemealing our O-line this year.  We have to invest with draft choices and free agents who are known commodities not other team's average to garbage depth or a vet who is coming off of an injury with question marks.

Maybe that is why we picked up 240 lbs of RB (Freeman).  I dunno.  We could address the OL or just give it crutches.

The Saints D will expose us.

Edited by MHS831