• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Moore cut

Captain Morgan

35 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

So that's 2 significant FAs who didn't even make it threw camp. The other got trade.  

2 of them we kept eflein and Erving are also ones that should be on the street right now.

Fitt is showing so far that FA agency signings from other teams is not gonna be his nitch.

58 minutes ago, Ocpanthertew714 said:

2021 Draft class A+

2021 FA's C-

Fitt was primarily on the college side for Seattle. We've seen before our existing pro personnel people leave much to be desired. I'd wait until after an FA season with Dan Morgan in the building before you judge Fitts on his FA skillz.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Seltzer said:

I don't mind the idea of playing smashmouth football and leaning on this defense, I just question whether we have the personnel to actually run it... 

It's just a hard way to win in today's offense driven NFL. Much less room for error. It's kind of like do you want to be the goalie or the striker. As the goalie (smashmouth + defense) you have to be perfect every time, but as the striker (high flying offense) you only have to be perfect once.

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Reminds me of 2020. Same thing. Draft was way better than Teddy, Okung, Weatherly, Roberts and Apple. This year Perryman, Elflein, Erving and Moore sure haven’t wowed but at least we spent way less than 2020.

That's what you get with bargain basement FA acquisitions. We tried to fill holes on the roster so we could Draft BPA. Same this year. Smith made Moore expendable - that's a huge positive.

Perryman, and it pains me to say it as a huge Canes fan, was being a knobhead. 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, trueblade said:

It's just a hard way to win in today's offense driven NFL. Much less room for error. It's kind of like do you want to be the goalie or the striker. As the goalie (smashmouth + defense) you have to be perfect every time, but as the striker (high flying offense) you only have to be perfect once.

You see it every now and again in College. Teams are geared up to stop Spread offences so they don't have the personnel to match up when a Boston College comes to town.

In the NFL obviously those extremes aren't quite the same (mainly due to the insane athletes roaming the field), but I could see us lining up in 12 set and causing teams matchup problems. Worked with Shockey and Olsen (albeit they're both Pro Bowl TEs). 

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I can definitely see them doing that a lot the first few games.  But other teams will catch on to that quickly.  Its going to be a challenge to keep Sam upright this season. 

If Arnold is the second TE in the two TE set, he is the third wide receiver on passing downs.  This may be the plan for red zone situations.

• Beer 1

26 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

I get that point but... if your not criticizing people for crowning him when we havent played any games yet then i dont know why you are responding to me for being critical of his decisions in the same format. Thats my point.

It's weird right? Guy hasn't been on the job a year yet and if you ask any questions you get people giving you the stink eye. We all want the same thing but some of us have additional perspective through the failures of past front office executives so things will get looked at a little more closely now. So far there are things to like and things that seem like more of the same ol' Panthers. Like the oline. We're gonna find out soon 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 1