• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Starting RG on covid list

CRA

1 hour ago, Zack Martin said:

Uhm, what will you say when fully vaccinated starting QB's have to miss games on the COVID list this year? And it will happen

Personally I think it's incredibly dumb for a player to miss games if they test positive, ARE fully vaccinated and feel completely fine. 

But you might say "but it's so he doesn't spread it to his unvaccinated teammates or coaches."  Maybe I'm just a cold hearted, SOB but if those people chose to NOT get vaccinated, then how is it fair that a responsible, fully vaccinated person has to miss a game and pay the consequences. I say let him play, and if the idiot anti vaxxer coach or player gets Covid, then they reap what they sow. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, NAS said:

Joe Blewett (@Joerb31) Tweeted:
Last time Sheldon Rankins matched up against Pat Elflein. Good luck Sam Darnold (not really). https://t.co/CNLIurmqzm

https://twitter.com/Joerb31/status/1434897931241459713?s=20

Sam will probably be like "eh. Just another day at the office for me.  Better get my running shoes on" 

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule just confirmed he is unvaccinated 

Next up is Dailey, then Brown

and they still don’t know he will return punts.   So it sounds like there are high odds that someone will be making there first PR of their career Sunday (college or pros)…..which makes the odds of muffed punts super high.  

This should be more of a big deal here than it is apparently.

Everyone was on Sam's case when he had "reservations" about Vaccinations in general until he actually got the 2 shots.

But Rhule is not unvaccinated and everyone is just letting that bit of news skate by.   WTF??

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We've warned repeatedly about COVID misinformation. Who else wants to see themselves out?

LG, I get what you’re saying.  However, I think what he’s saying isn’t totally off base as far as contracting the virus.  Difference seems to be severity of infection between the two.

Vax or unvaccinated can still get it.  First hand knowledge.  Been there done that.  Vaxxed in Jan/Feb and tested positive 3 weeks ago today.

3 people in my office tested positive from that outbreak.  Two vaxxed and one not.  Two vaxxed are back at work and unfortunately, I lost a coworker who was a damn good man, last Tuesday.  His wife is still in the hospital with it.  Appears they picked it up at church (had 10 test positive about a week before it got in our office).

So as to the original statement about it not making a poo.  Maybe not so much from an infection possibly, as this was my first real exposure to an infected person.  But, it sure seems like it makes a poo from a fighting it perspective-at least from my small, yet first hand sample size.

People can argue all they want,  but until you see a perfectly health man (all be it 60 y/o) go from never missing work due to sickness, to being deceased about 2 weeks later, I don’t think everyone comprehends just how seeming random and chaotic this bug is

Also back to the point, since vaxxed or unvaxxed  can get it, I personally think everyone should be tested more frequently in situations such as players and coaches due to the proximity in which they work with one another.  One person gets it and many could end up with it, regardless of vaccination status.

Just my 0.02.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3
  • Poo 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

Rhule just confirmed he is unvaccinated 

Next up is Dailey, then Brown

and they still don’t know he will return punts.   So it sounds like there are high odds that someone will be making there first PR of their career Sunday (college or pros)…..which makes the odds of muffed punts super high.  

Well if that’s the case they should have cut his ass weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Has it been confirmed that he tested positive?

The release I saw didn't specify if it was a + test or a tracing/close-contact issue.

I have no idea.

It's strange that someone said only 5 day quarantine for a vaxed person.

Maybe the standard has changed.

Georgetown told me 10 days back in February when I had it but I wasn't vexed yet. 

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

I have no idea.

It's strange that someone said only 5 day quarantine for a vaxed person.

Maybe the standard has changed.

Georgetown told me 10 days back in February when I had it but I wasn't vexed yet. 

I'm talking about NFL rules for their players.

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Nothing better than a bunch of dumb kids risking permanent damage to their lungs or death just so they could get wasted watching a game. Give me muh liberties AND death, bro.

Again, you are making an assumption that they weren't vaxxed though. Seeing as how a majority of people in this country are vaxxed, there is a better chance of them being vaxxed then not being vaxxed. 

And if they aren't vaxxed and still choose to go, then that's on them. I'm sorry, Ive become a cold hearted SOB. I'm  vaccinated and I'm frankly tired of being told not to do certain things just to protect the idiots that refuse to get vaxxed. 

• Beer 3
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, UpstatePantherfan said:

Again, you are making an assumption that they weren't vaxxed though. Seeing as how a majority of people in this country are vaxxed, there is a better chance of them being vaxxed then not being vaxxed. 

And if they aren't vaxxed and still choose to go, then that's on them. I'm sorry, Ive become a cold hearted SOB. I'm  vaccinated and I'm frankly tired of being told not to do certain things just to protect the idiots that refuse to get vaxxed. 

At some schools ya the kids may be vaccinated, such as the team UNC played, just to be a school. It doesn’t mean it’s all kids in the building/stands and they can still spread covid like wildfire.