• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Erving is gonna get Darnold injured

TheBigKat

2 minutes ago, Darknight said:

I thought the offensive line did well today.

they played significantly worse than the stat line will look IMO, but I'm no expert.

just looked like there was penetration on every passing play, and Darnold had to get the ball out in ~2.5s every single play to avoid a sack.

about the OL---when you are ahead and can mix up the offense, fine.  But when we are behind and passing it down the field is our only option--we have not seen that yet.  I reserve judgement.   Not happy with Paradis, Elf, and Erving.  Daley got beat a few times as well (gave up a sack) but he is not used to RG.

Question:  Why did they not move Daley to LG and Scott to RG when Elf got hurt?  At least Daley is familiar with LG--instead, we had 2 OL out of position (Daley, Scott) if you think about it.

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

You are correct. I think the run blocking was fine but Darnold dumped the ball off and threw almost everything quickly. Any time he had to go deeper, he was under pressure and Darnold stood tall and even got out of the pocket and threw it away. The OL is a problem. The one real long throw was Darnold moving around to avoid the pressure and using his arm strength to hit Anderson.

Anyone watching could see that Brady 100% game planned around the OL weakness.

Same as last season. Our scheme covers up a lot of their flaws.

Hence why I somewhat believe they don't put a high priority on OL.