• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chances of beating N.O next week..

Jmac

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Use the ignore button. 

No, honestly I don't think we have a very good chance to beat the Saints next week. That's what this thread is about.

You’ve admitted several times how inclined you are to pull for another team.  You are critical of just about every single player we sign or draft every move we make/don’t make, and are one of the Huddle’s biggest pessimists.  You know and understand football, and make sensible comments at times.  But sheesh your pessimism and negative attitude can be overbearing 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Verge said:

We will have to play much better than we did today, but we can very clearly shut done the run which is what NO will rely on.

True but I wouldn't use the Jets as a way to gauge our run D just yet. The Saints have a very dynamic offense and the likelihood is we will definitely have to muster more than 19 points.

Are the Pack really as good as everyone has been saying they are? Hard to say after one game.

Are the Aints as good as they looked today? Hard to say after one game.

I think from a pure skill level we match up well with them. I think Rhule has a long way to go before he can match wits with Payton and I despise Payton.

• Pie 1

Just now, Smithers said:

You’ve admitted several times how inclined you are to pull for another team.  You are critical of just about every single player we sign or draft every move we make/don’t make, and are one of the Huddle’s biggest pessimists.  You know and understand football, and make sensible comments at times.  But sheesh your pessimism and negative attitude can be overbearing 

You mean when we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? Yes, I root for us to lose. Why? Because that's what's in the best interests of the team.

Find what I've said negative about our draft picks from the last two years. Yeah, sorry most of our free agent moves this off-season weren't great.

I call things like I see them with no attempt to be overtly positive or negative. We're on a three year losing streak. Yeah, there's probably some negative things to point out.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

We will have to play much better than we did today, but we can very clearly shut done the run which is what NO will rely on.

Not sure we know we can shut down the run just yet…..Jets have a bad OL and weaker than average RBs.  

Kamara is as close to a CMC type threat as their gets 

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hopefully Rodgers is tanking for a trade or something and NO is hyped up over a mirage. Didn't catch the game but Winston had something like 5 tds in 150 passing yards? That's not a realistic stat to keep up with

It's also Jameis Winston he's just as likely to throw 5ints with 3 pick sixes IMO.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's also Jameis Winston he's just as likely to throw 5ints with 3 pick sixes IMO.

Ya'll gotta stop leaning on this and realize other teams have talent too. For all the complaints in this thread about pessimism some folks are delusional on the other end of the spectrum too.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You mean when we're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs? Yes, I root for us to lose. Why? Because that's what's in the best interests of the team.

Find what I've said negative about our draft picks from the last two years. Yeah, sorry most of our free agent moves this off-season weren't great.

I call things like I see them with no attempt to be overtly positive or negative. We're on a three year losing streak. Yeah, there's probably some negative things to point out.

Pretty sure you’ve made several comments about us not taking Fields over Horn.  

Sorry, but you have without a doubt been overtly negative most of the time.  If you put half the effort into focusing on the positive as you do exercising your moderator power, you’d be much more tolerable.  

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, frankw said:

True but I wouldn't use the Jets as a way to gauge our run D just yet. The Saints have a very dynamic offense and the likelihood is we will definitely have to muster more than 19 points.

The Stains had an amazing 321 yards of total offense, don't get it twisted that game was more about the Packers lethargy. Also Jones-Brown are the reason 2.1 YPC against any NFL is good run D.