• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did Tepper ixnay #keeppounding chant?

RenoCarolina

22 minutes ago, Floppin said:

I was born and raised in Boone and my dad still lives there although I haven't in almost 15 years. App State obviously reigns supreme but I never had any problem finding plenty of Panther fans around. 

Boone is a football town though due to App State. Kinda like how the Hornets rode the coattails of tobacco road basketball in NC. Boone is a lot different than most of WNC.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

What were they?

I was on an airplane at game time so wasn't able to watch but did hear there were lots of empty seats -- is this accurate?

If attendance was way down what's the suspected reason/s why?

Chiefs-Browns was standing room only...

UGa vs. Clemson at Panthers Stadium was also SRO.  

I saw some complaints about the players intros being out of sync, some food concessions were closed and another about the TopCats performance. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Boone is a football town though due to App State. Kinda like how the Hornets rode the coattails of tobacco road basketball in NC. Boone is a lot different than most of WNC.

Oh, I'm aware that Boone is unique to WNC. Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the WNC narrative. There's pockets of NFL support for various reasons but for the most part the majority of WNC is economically agrarian and rural so no one cares about pro sports at all. 

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Floppin said:

Oh, I'm aware that Boone is unique to WNC. Just wanted to give my 2 cents on the WNC narrative. There's pockets of NFL support for various reasons but for the most part the majority of WNC is economically agrarian and rural so no one cares about pro sports at all. 

Rural for sure but I wouldn't say economically agrarian. I would probably just leave it at plain old economically depressed, like most of the rest of southern Appalachia.

• Beer 1