• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Saints at Panthers Predictions thread!

Zod

21 minutes ago, Jonah Hill said:

I'd argue the Saints are better than last year with Famous Jameis beating Aaron Rodgers where the Panties beat who? The Jets...lol... Saints are Super Bowl bound where Carolina probably lands a top 3 pick and just remember you guys gave up your 2nd and 4th for Sam "the loser" Darnold. Games not even close. 

Saints - 45

Panties - 6

Wow i'm praying that your life gets better man. Sorry that this is this best thing you have to do with it right now.

• Beer 4

6 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Why are you here? Find another team to root for then. 

All your posts are constant negativity and pessimism. 

Because I’ve followed the Panthers for 26 years. 28 if you count the announcement in Charlotte. I owned PSLs for 18 of those years. I have forgotten more Panthers football than you will ever learn. And I’m analyzing this game with a clear brain, not like a 13 year old whose on his 2nd season and likely a bandwagon fan of one or two players.

The Panthers may win, who knows but from a logical stand point it doesn’t look that way, and I’m not going to trick myself into some Cinderella story daydream some fantasy outcome because I want them to win.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Panthers win, 24-17

Darnold struggles early on, but doesn't turn it over and settles into a rhythm as the game goes on.

The O-line has a hard time containing the Saints front seven, especially the interior.

The Panthers take advantage of the Saints injuries on Defense, on spread the ball all around, CMC doesn't have as many touches as last week, but still has a rushing TD, and Moore and Arnold each grab TDs. 

The Panthers pass rush forces Winston into a few critical mistakes, Jaycee Horn picks up his first career INT. Burns and Reddick each with 2 sacks. 

Alvin Kamara will do his usual stuff he always does against us, but the Panthers won't let it be the deciding factor.

Z. Gonzalez makes all of his kicks, including a 45 yarder with 5 minutes left to put the game a little too far out of reach for New Orleans. 

Edited by BlackPanther21_
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, BlackPanther21_ said:

Panthers win, 24-17

Darnold struggles early on, but doesn't turn it over and settles into a rhythm as the game goes on.

The O-line has a hard time containing the Saints front seven, especially the interior.

The Panthers take advantage of the Saints injuries on Defense, on spread the ball all around, CMC doesn't have as many touches as last week, but still has a rushing TD, and Moore and Arnold each grab TDs. 

The Panthers pass rush forces Winston into a few critical mistakes, Jaycee Horn picks up his first career INT. Burns and Reddick each with 2 sacks. 

Alvin Kamara will do his usual stuff he always does against us, but the Panthers won't let it be the deciding factor.

Z. Gonzalez makes all of his kicks, including a 45 yarder with 5 minutes left to put the game a little too far out of reach for New Orleans. 

See that’s better. That’s a post I can appreciate. I feel like I could see exactly that on TV Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

This feels like a  "come back to earth" game for us.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut.

We're not exactly flying high right now.  I think this team isn't going to get too far ahead of themselves so I think this will be a very close loss, field goal or less.

After this game, people will say, "Panthers are better than we thought". 

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Cdparr7 said:

Because I’ve followed the Panthers for 26 years. 28 if you count the announcement in Charlotte. I owned PSLs for 18 of those years. I have forgotten more Panthers football than you will ever learn. And I’m analyzing this game with a clear brain, not like a 13 year old whose on his 2nd season and likely a bandwagon fan of one or two players.

The Panthers may win, who knows but from a logical stand point it doesn’t look that way, and I’m not going to trick myself into some Cinderella story daydream some fantasy outcome because I want them to win.

It's the Saints, exactly why this is the best response...

Payton will show what Darnold is really made of...

• Poo 1

In six career games against the Panthers, Alvin Kamara has averaged 58 yards rushing on less than ten carries per contest, but has scored six touchdowns. The Saints rushed for a combined 294 yards in two meetings against Carolina last year.

Look for New Orleans to try and establish that same kind of balance when facing the Panthers on Sunday. That same sort of game plan was run with great success against Green Bay last week.

The key battle to watch will be in the middle of the trenches. Ruiz, Peat, Throckmorton, and perhaps Reiter will have to win their interior battles against the big-bodied Carolina tackles without McCoy.

If New Orleans wins the line of scrimmage, that will open crucial cutback lanes for Kamara, Jones, and Hill. The passing game will also greatly be aided by establishing the running game because it will open up play-action opportunities. 

Link: https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editorial-opinion/saints-panthers-preview-saints-rushing-attack-vs-panthers-run-defense

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This feels like a  "come back to earth" game for us.

Hope I'm wrong, but that's my gut.

Honestly week 1 was my come back to earth game.  We won, but sure didn't feel like it.  7-8 it is, or worse!

We win this Sunday though....it'll be we're going to the playoffs baby!