• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More from Breer

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I had noticed Darnold seemed to be audibling several plays it seemed like.

He was.  I thought it was just to fool the defense as I wrongfully assumed that he wasn't at that level of knowledge in the playbook yet.  

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

How dumb is Gase, seriously? What kind of big brain schemes is this guy running?

Who could imagine that if you help your QB learn and give him options then it helps him be a better player.

Gase is a high school OC right now.  Seriously.  He was truly terrible.  Ironically, I’ve been lurking on the Saints boards and apparently Jameis isn’t allowed to audible.  Good stuff.  

edit - apparently he’s not, he’s just unemployed.  I ate the onion and fell for a satire article… 😔.  But damn, he was really bad 

Edited by PandaMan
  • Pie 2

The only reason they are tempering expectations is because they don’t want to be wrong. All of these articles just say a whole lot of nothing.

Things turn on a dime in the NFL, but until they do just give him some credit lol. Even if he plays this well all season you couldn’t Rhule us out looking for a QB in the off-season. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Call me crazy, but what he's describing here sounds like...ya know, audiblesAnd yet it's something that almost seems to sound new to him.

That can't be right, can it?

Was Gase really that bad?

Yes, I do believe it was that bad.  But it sounds as if Gase is/was not the only coach that thought that was a good idea.

The way I'm reading it, Gase gave Darnold no control on the playcalling at all. I could see that for a young rookie but for someone that played three years with an organization? Seriously?

On a side note, I would like to know the plays Darnold did call an audible and how that play went.

• Beer 1