• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Yahoo.com article: How Phil Snow turned the Panthers’ defense into the NFL’s new nightmare

BlitzMonster

I'm not worried about the only 2 games in talk.  We saw this begin to take shape last year.  Early in the season, the offense carried the game and the defense looked like the weak link.  Throughout the year, it got better and better, but the offense couldn't stay on the field ( the defense scored 14 alone against the Vikes and we still lost).  This year, the defense is better. It made a huge jump just at ML.  We might not put up so great numbers every game, but we have a pretty good defense.

Edited by parker
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, SBBlue said:

"

and you have a defense that is suddenly the envy (and the headache) of the NFL.

Nobody’s had a bigger headache than Winston so far. 
"

image.thumb.png.90a489c96b757fd24a60b96bdf33162a.pngI’d have a headache too if I got DDTd by Reddick & Burns with the mistimed Total Devastation……

if you know, you know….

• Pie 2

Reveling in what our D is doing just only willing to get so excited after just 2 games, regardless of who it was. Ready for the defense to get an attitude, to see that chin up chip, for them to know the opposition understands their impetus..

Remember Mike Mitchell in ‘13? I do… I get that team was 11 games in & we’re 2 but you can feel it, it’s building. I will enjoy it as long as I can, looking forward to more confidence each week but expecting to get hit at some point, heavy is the head…

• Pie 1

not only do have a bunch of rookies learning the game but have coaches also adapting to the NFL. Seems like the the team isn't afraid to try new schemes, as Rogers said the defense was "strange" last year. now Snow has the pieces to execute a scheme that will confuse most offenses, I'm sure we have some bad games this year, but man, this is fun. some old fashion Panthers D is just what we needed as we rebuild the offense.

• Pie 2

It's too early to do this and there's a ton of "yeah, but . . ."s.

But screw it!

After 2 games, the '85 Bears D had allowed . . .

35 points.  We've allowed 21.
27 1st downs.  Us: 22
513 total yards. Us: 380
     320 pass yards.  Us: 287
     193 rush yards.  Us: 93

They had 8 sacks.  We've had 10.

To be continued . . .

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

31 minutes ago, coffee said:

It's too early to do this and there's a ton of "yeah, but . . ."s.

But screw it!

After 2 games, the '85 Bears D had allowed . . .

35 points.  We've allowed 21.
27 1st downs.  Us: 22
513 total yards. Us: 380
     320 pass yards.  Us: 287
     193 rush yards.  Us: 93

They had 8 sacks.  We've had 10.

To be continued . . .

Nice.