• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marc Sessler on Panthers

Panthers Rhule

2 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

NFL.com's coverage of the Panthers is pretty up-and-down.  There was the complimentary article in the OP and another article by Gil Brandt calling us his "hottest" 2-0 team right now.  But then there's the general Power Rankings that has us at 18 behind a slew of 1-1 teams (including Green Bay at 6th, really?) and this gem of a QB index that has Darnold at 25th, right below....Mac Jones?  With a washed up Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger at 18 & 19?  But then again, if they're referring to our protection as "pristine" and think CMC and Moore are constantly getting "wide open" (nevermind the tiny windows Darnold threw into for both of them on Sunday), then I can see why they're cautious to elevate Darnold on their QB index. 

Yeah I know I know who cares about arbitrary rankings, but it's still funny to me that when it comes to the Panthers, it seems like they have to balance out any praise with a dash of cynicism.

image.thumb.png.44b6b6a66ffc868586301d3b5cfbe538.png

"I still want to see Darnold show progress against Pressure...."

You mean all those times where Sam got hit as soon as he let go of the ball wasn't PRESSURE-ENOUGH for you, NFL.Com person?

"...or make a few more plays out of structure"

Oh you mean this just last week?

Whomever this NFL.com person is who types up these articles...hasn't watched a single Panthers game apparently.  🙄

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

NFL.com's coverage of the Panthers is pretty up-and-down.  There was the complimentary article in the OP and another article by Gil Brandt calling us his "hottest" 2-0 team right now.  But then there's the general Power Rankings that has us at 18 behind a slew of 1-1 teams (including Green Bay at 6th, really?) and this gem of a QB index that has Darnold at 25th, right below....Mac Jones?  With a washed up Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger at 18 & 19?  But then again, if they're referring to our protection as "pristine" and think CMC and Moore are constantly getting "wide open" (nevermind the tiny windows Darnold threw into for both of them on Sunday), then I can see why they're cautious to elevate Darnold on their QB index. 

Yeah I know I know who cares about arbitrary rankings, but it's still funny to me that when it comes to the Panthers, it seems like they have to balance out any praise with a dash of cynicism.

image.thumb.png.44b6b6a66ffc868586301d3b5cfbe538.png

To give insight into this, I listen to a podcast that has both authors of these articles on it.

The Power Rankings author is a rabid Jets fan who kind of doesn't want to see Darnold do well and be reminded, AGAIN, what a dumpster fire his organization is.  He tries to say he's rooting for Darnold, but you can tell from other comments that he really doesn't. He's a little bit in denial about the Panthers playing well the past two weeks. 

The QB rankings author is a Patriots (1st) and Saints (2nd) fan who often seems inexplicably annoyed by the Panthers.  He also is a huge Teddy Bridgewater fan for reasons I can't figure out. 

Of note, Marc Sessler is also on this podcast and he is a delight. He wasn't a big Cam fan, but he has been talking up this year's Panthers for awhile. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

His transformation this year has been astounding.

He was a JAG before last week. 

I think he is just another example of this coaching staff knowing what a player's strengths are and how to use them effectively. We are seeing this difference among many players. Another thing that I've noticed and appreciate is their ability to understand a players correct size and their ability to get those players to that size. Reddick wanted to play here and now we understand why. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CarolinaSunday said:

To give insight into this, I listen to a podcast that has both authors of these articles on it.

The Power Rankings author is a rabid Jets fan who kind of doesn't want to see Darnold do well and be reminded, AGAIN, what a dumpster fire his organization is.  He tries to say he's rooting for Darnold, but you can tell from other comments that he really doesn't. He's a little bit in denial about the Panthers playing well the past two weeks. 

The QB rankings author is a Patriots (1st) and Saints (2nd) fan who often seems inexplicably annoyed by the Panthers.  He also is a huge Teddy Bridgewater fan for reasons I can't figure out. 

Of note, Marc Sessler is also on this podcast and he is a delight. He wasn't a big Cam fan, but he has been talking up this year's Panthers for awhile. 

Around the NFL 😏 Sessler is on the Panthers Bandwagon (and a couple others) since Matt Rhule arrived. They had him on for an interview before the last season.

They had a "last call for the bandwagon" segment today and did a preview of tonight's game. Panthers were getting some love.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, OldhamA said:

His transformation this year has been astounding.

He was a JAG before last week. 

2 hours ago, Panthers Rhule said:

I think he is just another example of this coaching staff knowing what a player's strengths are and how to use them effectively. 

I think this is an example of people not knowing what a JAG is. He’s not lived up to his draft status and contract until now, but he’s never been JAG.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

I think this is an example of people not knowing what a JAG is. He’s not lived up to his draft status and contract until now, but he’s never been JAG.

Many Panthers fans have a distorted perception of a good linebacker as well due to watching guys like Dan Morgan,Jon Beason, Thomas Davis and of Course Luke Kuechly.

• Pie 2