• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Blessing in disguise

SmittysLawnGuy

10 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Ok so I'm trying to make cupcakes out of cauliflower here but hear me out. At first we sputtered without CMC. Once Sam knew his baby blanket got cooked to ash he manned up an started making down field plays. I actually believe this could be exactly what we needed. Mind you he needs to figure it out pretty quickly but when Mc is your 1st 2nd and 3rd option how are you growing? By the time CM gets back this guy might be reading D's. See those early wide open receivers down field? He didn't cause guess who he wanted to throw to? May cost us a game or two but it may be well worth it come January.

And if you noticed while looking more downfield the already garbage oline got exposed even more an Darnold took some hits.

This is going to be bad imo, the oline simply isn’t built to withstand the loss of cmc. It’s barley built to handle games with the best rb in the league.

Edited by onmyown

Losing CMC is bad news for the Panthers and Darnold.   It is what it is.  

Losing CMC changes what defenses are comfortable with….and we saw last night they get a lot more aggressive coming at Sam with the CMC checkdown off the table.

and we dodged a lot of bullets last night that those Sam fumbles bounced our way.   

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

You already saw them get Tremble more involved.

This offense can be much more. CMC's hammy will just force their hand. 

I was very happy to see that.  

How about Erickson of all people making plays?

Last week it was Zylstra.

It's like Sam is deciding which "no-name" gets to shine each week.    LOL!

52 minutes ago, CRA said:

Losing CMC is bad news for the Panthers and Darnold.   It is what it is.  

Losing CMC changes what defenses are comfortable with….and we saw last night they get a lot more aggressive coming at Sam with the CMC checkdown off the table.

and we dodged a lot of bullets last night that those Sam fumbles bounced our way.   

yep.   I think Brady needs to create a gameplan that involves a TON of Bootlegs and Rollouts for Sam JUST TO GET HIM THE F AWAY from that sieve called the Panthers O-Line so he can make a play and not get killed.

• Beer 1

Some good, some bad. 

The good. We are not a SB team (this year) so seeing what Darnold can do for the future is huge. If he is solid this year, no matter the record, then we sign him long term. We'll also have other options to relying on CMC for everything so when he comes back he's another asset, not the main asset.

The bad. Along with CMC, the Horn injury sucks as this Defense was looking legit long term shut down. In time, teams will find our holes. The O-line better get it's stuff together real fast which we all don't believe is ready to do that.

Possibility of using DJ Moore in a hybrid role and getting Shi Smith involved for the shifty routes out of the back field could be interesting. Throwing down field more will loosen up the box and help the running game, like they did in the 2nd half. O-line will need to be better.

This could also open up the 2 TE sets as Tremble looked real good.All this helps even if we split the games until CMC comes back. 

12 hours ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Ok so I'm trying to make cupcakes out of cauliflower here but hear me out. At first we sputtered without CMC. Once Sam knew his baby blanket got cooked to ash he manned up an started making down field plays. I actually believe this could be exactly what we needed. Mind you he needs to figure it out pretty quickly but when Mc is your 1st 2nd and 3rd option how are you growing? By the time CM gets back this guy might be reading D's. See those early wide open receivers down field? He didn't cause guess who he wanted to throw to? May cost us a game or two but it may be well worth it come January.

Still tastes like cauliflower.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Like a dropped int, it doesn't count.  No turnovers last night, zero.  Sam has played 3 games, 1 int, 1 fumble.  Fewer turnovers than many elite QBs while throwing for ~300 yards a game.

OL had its worst game to date last night too.  

28 minutes ago, SBBlue said:

Like a dropped int, it doesn't count.  No turnovers last night, zero.  Sam has played 3 games, 1 int, 1 fumble.  Fewer turnovers than many elite QBs while throwing for ~300 yards a game.

OL had its worst game to date last night too.  

It’s the whole law of averages aspect.  If you put the ball on the ground a lot….it’s a problem.  Because it’s not always going to bounce your way. 

Ball security and bad decisions are literally the Sam Darnold knocks.  Always have been.  He consistently does it.   Ball security.   USC, NY and to date here.

and your numbers are off.   He doesn’t have 1 fumble on the season.  He has 4 in 3 games.  He had 2 last night, both in Carolina territory.   

fumbles and fumbles lost are two different stats. 

I’ll put the 2nd on Rhule.  Was stupid to ask Sam to attempt that drive given how things were unfolding.  Could see that fumble coming a mile away.  The first is just poor pocket awareness and ball security.  You got to feel that, protect the ball and move in the pocket better. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

and your numbers are off.   He doesn’t have 1 fumble on the season.  He has 4 in 3 games.  He had 2 last night, both in Carolina territory.   

Whatever.  His turnovers are lower in 3 games than elite QBs have in 2.  EVEN if you add his fumbles that we recovered to his lost fumbles to his ints, and compare that, he still looks better than some elite QBs.

bobsburgers-fox.gif