• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mills looked better than Zach Wilson?

Zod

Just now, electro's horse said:

they put together some really good series where they basically just iso'd cook and let him find spots in the zone. 

off the top of my head though, mills only completed one throw to the second level, and anything past that was kinda uncatchable

Finished with a 95 qbr against the best defense in the league with 4 days prep though. That's not easy.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

You think the Gase thing is a funny little meme because Tannehill and Darnold improved post-Gase, and because the Broncos won the Super Bowl immediately after he left. Then you see he left LSU after 2002, and they won the national title in 2003. Then you realize how deep it goes

7bVlYAhQ_x96.jpg

Replying to
I regret to inform you—this is not a joke—that Adam Gase’s Michigan high school, Marshall, won the state title in the first season after his 1996 graduation.
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I was also impressed with Mills last night.

1) He was starting his first game,

2) He started on short notice because of Tyrod's injury

3) The game was a on Thursday night during prime time.

4) He was going against one of the best pass rushes in the NFL.

Despite that, he didn't look overwhelmed. I think he would have played much better if he had better pass protection.

Based on what I saw last night, he definitely was worth a 3rd round pick and could become a solid starter/backup with more seasoning and a better team around him.

But, let's keep real...He can't sling it like Zach Wilson.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I’ll give them credit, the Texans aren’t as terrible as people thought they were going to be. Their organization is thrash though. 

They Beat the hell out of the Jags and could have beat the Browns with a little more luck on their side and People think the Browns are Super Bowl contenders this year. There is also basically no Tape on Davis Mills which was a huge advantage for them.

This 3-0 start isn’t a fluke. Our defense is insane currently and Darnold is playing really good football. That’s a winning recipe in the NFL.

Edited by Eazy-E
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Mills has some potential to be a solid QB in this league. We were crushing him and he stayed calm and usually made the right reads. Has a solid arm and legs.

I'd like to see the guy excel in the league. I realize most of the great QB's in the league are high draft choices, but it's always good to see QB's make a good showing who come out after the 1st round. 

• Pie 1