• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers vs Cowboys: Three Keys to the Game

Saca312

I keep throwing the stat out there because I think it is important. In the Dak Era, Cowboys are 26-0 when they run more than pass. So I think stopping their running game goes a long way. However, I feel like they may lean on the pass more from the jump just because of our defense. They can't afford to get stuffed. 3rd and long does not bode well for teams lined up against our defensive front. If we make them one dimensional this game is in the books. 

Over the last couple seasons Dak is 11-1.....when facing the NFC Least. So yes, he is king of that scrap pile. Everyone is overreacting to their win over Philly. They have penciled them in as Super Bowl contenders. I think this game shows that they are not. 

Panthers - 27

Cowboys - 17

1. I want to see Robbie get more touches, but I don't think it's a key to the game.

2.Stopping the Run is way more important.  We stop the run, the defense will take care of the pass.

3. I agree on this point.  Winning the turnover battle is usually a sign of success.

• Pie 2

They had 160 yards on the ground against the Eagles and almost 200 against the Chargers.  The rushing attack has to be shut down and in doing so, will allow our elite pass rushers to feast on Dak.  Their middle is weakest, so I'd expect to see lots of short to intermediate passes that stresses the LB core.  Winning the turnover battle is absolutely key.  They have 8 turnovers I believe in 3 games.  We cannot afford turnovers and still expect to win the game.  

• Pie 2

Great write up, I'd only add to not give up on Chuba if he gets stonewalled early. He had that problem against the Texans at first, but then started getting some nice gains. He may well be one of those backs that needs time to get into rhythm. 

The key is to play our ball game, not the Cowboy's one.

The Cowboys offense is very good behind Prescott. Without Horn, Amari Cooper could go off. I’m really nervous about the Cowboys moving the ball down the field with short quick passes like death by a thousand cuts to neutralize the Panthers pass rush and testing their tackling ability.

This game is going to come down to Darnold. Protecting the ball, making big plays, and keeping up with Dak. I think he can do it even without McCaffrey. But he can’t turn the ball over. One lost fumble will probably equal a loss.

3 hours ago, hepcat said:

The Cowboys offense is very good behind Prescott. Without Horn, Amari Cooper could go off. I’m really nervous about the Cowboys moving the ball down the field with short quick passes like death by a thousand cuts to neutralize the Panthers pass rush and testing their tackling ability.

This game is going to come down to Darnold. Protecting the ball, making big plays, and keeping up with Dak. I think he can do it even without McCaffrey. But he can’t turn the ball over. One lost fumble will probably equal a loss.

I really hope Chuba basically slept with the JUGS machine 'cause if he can catch passes from Sam, it would help tremendously. 

1 hour ago, islandhopper81 said:

Good write up but Dallas has a better defense than the Texans

Good point, as the Texans scheme was questionable at best. Simply left guys open in so many voids, Panthers could've definitely capitalized even more than they did that game.

At the same time, it is no secret that the Cowboys do have a weakness in terms of limiting explosive plays. QBs have thrown 300+ yards against them for a reason, and they also lead the league in allowance of such type of plays.

The Panthers have very explosive playmakers in Robby Anderson and DJ Moore that should take advantage. 

I think they have had this game circled, been saving stuff on offense and it comes out this week, we confuse the Cowboys and win. The national media talks about us all week as a 4-0, superbowl contender, and then we lay a dud at home against the Eagles next week and lose. This is the way

2 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

I think they have had this game circled, been saving stuff on offense and it comes out this week, we confuse the Cowboys and win. The national media talks about us all week as a 4-0, superbowl contender, and then we lay a dud at home against the Eagles next week and lose. This is the way

spacer.png