• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'm sorry but this isn't a winning record team.

Snake

20 minutes ago, mbarbour21 said:

Hyped by who???

All I heard was we didn’t play anyone and they were gonna thrash us. Which they did, mainly in the 3rd. Granted, we caused a turnover that would have changed the trajectory of that game and we were robbed. Doesn’t mean we would have won, but it would have made a difference. It was a pivotal moment. We responded tho, but 3rd quarter was atrocious.

Bad teams have to be perfect to beat good teams. Unfortunately the refs rarely allow that. We are just not good enough yet. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

You think Philly is going to roll over? They did better than us against Dallas. 

No I don’t but do U think philly will find a franchise QB starting WR and competent coaching in 1 week? Unless the wheels completely fall off they’ll be 4-1 next Monday 

1 hour ago, Snake said:

We have way more problems than we do solutions this year. We have been hyped all week about being the number 1 defense and a historic defense at that to give up 36 point to a middle of the road team who was on a short week. Sorry guys but this was the reality check and we are still a 8-9 team at best this year. 

lol @ Middle of the road. Cowboys are a top 5 team 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Snake said:

Our defense was overrated. Point of this thread there genius. 

Obviously to a football mind like your's this will be obvious but you ran into an elite offense, well coached, and with a very good if not elite QB.  Even a good D will get mashed up.   Doesn't mean your D won't perform at a high level and with most offenses and be sufficient.   I know I'm just telling you stuff you already know because of your football savvy! 

One year can make a defense.  Dallas was the worst in the League last year and made great strides.   Our DL had 3 rookies on it and Gregory who spent most of the last 4 years at home with his bong.   

Any unit can be rebuilt in one year.   Olines need a very good coach though.  Oline play requires as much effort as talent.  Keep your head up.  Y'all will have a good year.

2 hours ago, Snake said:

We have way more problems than we do solutions this year. We have been hyped all week about being the number 1 defense and a historic defense at that to give up 36 point to a middle of the road team who was on a short week. Sorry guys but this was the reality check and we are still a 8-9 team at best this year. 

Maybe you should make our logo CAM NEWTON or  DALLAS! 

Defense is fine, its the first time we got tested all season and we punched them in the mouth in the first half, played with two CB's that hadn't been with the team all season, and it would have been fine had the offense not turned the ball over/crapped out in the third quarter.

I'm still not sold on Darnold. He had some huge 3rd down conversions but still panics in the pocket and will make a lot of dumb mistakes or take dumb sacks instead of getting the ball out. That compared with our really bad o-line means we aren't going anywhere in the postseason. The good news is that we were a year away still anyway, next year is when we should have the talent to be a juggernaut with the cap space and another good draft. Just depends if we get that quarterback or not.

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 1