• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How was this forward progress?

Mage

1 minute ago, Star Platinum said:

True I personally don’t understand the idea behind “yeah we know but that’s not reviewable and therefore not fixable” it’s a tad illogical 

I get making stoppage of forward progress non-reviewable since it's basically a judgement call with no concrete evidence to point to in a review situation. But that's also why refs are generally pretty slow to blow that whistle. In this case, there was no whistle until after the play was over and the ball carrier was on the ground. It was only then that they determined after the fact that forward progress had been stopped. That cannot happen. I mean, that should be a fireable offense level error by a ref.

• Pie 1

Dear NFL, if you want to stop losing fans, ACTION needs to be taken against repeat offending terrible referees.  Im sorry, EVERY fuging WEEK a game gets decided by these fuging morons.  Want to know why people think the NFL is rigged, because THEY dont do poo.  they'll give a half assed "we made a mistake" this week, meanwhile that knuckle dragging fuging neanderthal Boger will trot his alien lookin ass out next week to nuke another game.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, bigdog10 said:

I’m not sure why Jerome Boger is still allowed to officiate. 

Me neither. He's complete trash as a ref. He might be a great guy for all I know and he might know the rules forwards and backwards off the field, but he should not be reffing NFL football games. Virtually every game I watch that he's calling features some straight up gaffes by the ref crew.

• Flames 1

No point even getting worked up about it. If the league did nothing when Denver was trying to turn our quarterbacks brains into mush with headhunting they aren't going to give a poo about getting calls right in our favor. We need to stop wasting drives and this game could have been much closer.

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I get making stoppage of forward progress non-reviewable since it's basically a judgement call with no concrete evidence to point to in a review situation. But that's also why refs are generally pretty slow to blow that whistle. In this case, there was no whistle until after the play was over and the ball carrier was on the ground. It was only then that they determined after the fact that forward progress had been stopped. That cannot happen. I mean, that should be a fireable offense level error by a ref.

I personally think on field refs need to be only in addition to slow motion multi angle camera crews of officials, they should give input but those calls should be made by people who have a better view

Just now, frankw said:

No point even getting worked up about it. If the league did nothing when Denver was trying to turn our quarterbacks brains into mush with headhunting they aren't going to give a poo about getting calls right in our favor. We need to stop wasting drives and this game could have been much closer.

This is the damn truth. In the season when blows to the head of the QB were initially being emphasized and the mere brush of a QB's helmet became a penalty, the NFL let the league's MVP's head get treated like a piñata on the biggest stage in sports. I'll never forget it or forgive it.

• Pie 1

That was one of the strangest officiating calls I've seen. It's as if they applied a two-hand touch rule to determine when the play is dead.

Meanwhile in another play, DJ Moore's forward progress had stopped and a defender had him wrapped up at the ankles/knees, but refs continue that play as more people pile in on him and twist him up.

50 minutes ago, Mage said:

Nah. There is literally no way any sensible person could have seen that as forward progress. And I was at the game. Even Dallas fans around me agreed.

Besides they called it forward progress after the fact. No whistle blew.

Panther fans around me kept calling for it on the big screen. They refused to show it.