• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Former Head Trainer Ryan Vermillion Subject of Criminal Investigation

SgtJoo

7 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Team press release says "unrelated to the team"...

...would seem to rule out "monetizing team assets".

Do the WFT have a big locker full of pain killers nobody there is keeping track of?

I mean the team can say that, but why else would a team facility to be raided? Was Vermillion held up in there with a gun and refused to leave? Was he stashing stuff there? I assume we’ll know more in the next couple days when the court papers drop. I’ll see if I can go find the warrant on courtlistener, should help provide clarity. 

17 hours ago, hepcat said:

Was he the trainer when the Panthers went to the Superbowl in '03 with the super roided up O-Line?

And the most roided up punter i league history. Sometimes it felt like he out kick the coverage on purpose for the chance to kill somebody down the field 

40 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Team press release says "unrelated to the team"...

...would seem to rule out "monetizing team assets".

Do the WFT have a big locker full of pain killers nobody there is keeping track of?

Yeah, probably.  I think all teams probably do.  Now, they should be in a vault somewhere, where only the doctors and a pharmacist have access to it, but I imagine all teams have a poo ton of narcotics in house. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

55 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I mean the team can say that, but why else would a team facility to be raided?

Purely speculation but I can envision a scenario where Vermillion wasn't a target per se but his name came up in the course of an investigation for, let's say, steriods/PED's...

...naturally they'd go search his house to see if he had any if the product in question and a logical extension of that search would be his office place...especially given the nature of his "clientele".  

If this scenario has any traction some players are probably kinda nervous...

55 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I’ll see if I can go find the warrant on courtlistener, should help provide clarity. 

Cool.   (not familiar with "courtlistener"...)

Edited by SizzleBuzz

8 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Purely speculation but I can envision a scenario where Vermillion wasn't a target per se but his name came up in the course of an investigation for, let's say, steriods/PED's...

...naturally they'd go search his house to see if he had any if the product in question and a logical extension of that search would be his office place...especially given the nature of his "clientele".  

If this scenario has any traction some players are probably kinda nervous...

Cool.   (not familiar with "courtlistener"...)

Ya the two biggest I’ve heard floating around are PED’s or Opioids at this point. If it was some sort of malpractice I don’t see why the DEA would involve themselves. 

It’s basically a database of every court document/ruling/subpoena, etc ever listed publicly in this country. 

8 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Ya the two biggest I’ve heard floating around are PED’s or Opioids at this point. If it was some sort of malpractice I don’t see why the DEA would involve themselves. 

It’s basically a database of every court document/ruling/subpoena, etc ever listed publicly in this country. 

Also Washington could probably get in trouble for having someone who is NOT a doctor or pharmacist handling controlled substances.  Im not sure how it works with NFL teams, but an Athletic Trainer is not a doctor and they do not have a license to distribute drugs. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Nah, fug this title. The correct one is:

"Washington Football Team Head Trainer, Ryan Vermillion, subject of criminal investigation".

They do this poo whenever someone with any sort of link to the Canes gets in trouble "Former Hurricane...."

He was here for 18 years I think it's important to note the Panthers connection on a Panthers forum... Not meant to be clickbait, it's a pretty massive story and he had a huge role here under JR and Hurney.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

He was here for 18 years I think it's important to note the Panthers connection on a Panthers forum... Not meant to be clickbait, it's a pretty massive story and he had a huge role here under JR and Hurney.

Yeah, and it wasn't that long ago that he was let go from here, so it's kinda valid.

• Beer 2

36 minutes ago, t96 said:

And thankfully none of that trio are still here due to the great purge.

Absolutely nothing to do with us. 

• Beer 1

Okay with that Gano post I really wanna know. 

The three biggest offenses to me were:

• Why was Davis allowed to run without the brace when his ACL tear took place
  • Why did they allow Beason to play in the home opener of 2011?
  • Why did Cam's shoulder completely deteriorate after it seemed to be recovering after the 2017 season?
Edited by pepaw
  • Beer 3

I remember after Oher was released for his nagging concussion issues he went on a Twitter rant about the excessive use and push of drugs to 'get better' for himself and how it hurt him even worse mentally.  This could be telling as well...

Edited by Dunn
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2