• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold’s Upside

HardcoreHokie

The question for Sam is can he elevate those around him? So far this season as a passer Ryan Tannehill is 26th in completion % 21st in ypa 17th in passing yards and 19th in qbr. By comparison Darnold is 14th 10th 7th and 6th with a mess of an oline. Where both quarterbacks tumble down the list is passing touchdowns with both sitting at 18th. If Sam and Joe can get this deep passing game going who knows what his ceiling is but that has to happen to take the next step.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The only tears I'm shedding are ones of laughter at your pavlovian dog response to any topic praising Darnold. 

There is a whole clique of guys just waiting to say " Yea but........"

Until the guy falls off a cliff I dont have a problem with him, he has done extremely well in a new offense with a poo OL. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

2 hours ago, Snake said:

Given even Aaron Rodgers would probably have that floor with what was given with the jets. 

Situation defiantly matters.   I mean, I don’t think Sam is really much different of a player today than last year.  What is dramatically different is the scenario he is in.  

You put Tom Brady on the Jets right now and he would suck.  Jets might be a little better but it would knock him down several pegs.  Same dude though. 

• Beer 3