• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2015, 2021 SuperBowl, Yesterday

ncfan

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I'm pretty much over the college offense crap we need some real NFL experience in here.

This 100%. This isn't LSU picking on the Louisiana Tech Muddawgs. Joe Brady needs to remember to look at the part of the playbook that actually has directions for the linemen besides "Y'all stand there and block people."

And, he needs to oversee development of linemen. It's not just that these guys have been bad, but that they often look like they have no idea how to handle even the simplest stunts or movements by the d-line.

And let's look at the running game. That's some pretty straight-up college BS stuff there with run it up the middle, variants as to left or right of the center. Pitchouts, maybe an RPO once in a frikkin blue moon (Darnold was becoming a threat to run), how about a full back dash if you are trying to go up the middle? Chuba succeeded yesterday because of will over planning.

How about a rolling pocket? How about more bootlegs (Darnold was safest during a naked bootleg yesterday of all things)? Quicker developing routes? Benching Anderson for someone who will try to get open? How about just sending Anderson on go route after go route until he tires out some DBs? 

Anything. Please.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

I’m not even trying to compare the players itself Mahomes vs Darnold.

mahomes has tools no one has seen before.

but he STILL couldn’t overcome bad OL play.  It was so noticing that the Chiefs FO made some major reactionary moves to overhaul that OL.  

this guy couldn’t overcome that and his FO did what they did because of it.

yet we somehow say that any elite QB would have looked good behind a historically bad OL yesterday 

I agree wholeheartedly. 

7 minutes ago, ncfan said:

E2A914A4-5127-42A8-8BEB-93A6EA9BB501.jpeg

Oof you guys continually trying to drag Cam into this are telling on yourselves. Mans is long gone welcome to two years ago. Our starter now is losing us games. Will you join us in 2021 and assess the state of the most important position for the Carolina Panthers? Throwing the same bad picks he did in New York? These things matter and odds aren't great he is going to magically morph into an elite quarterback.

2 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

The Cam hate here is unreal.

Elite QBs don't throw the ball straight to the defender multiple times a game. It's been happening all year but now we are playing defenses that will capitalize on it.

Sam couldn't hold Cams jock strap. 

Not comparing Cam and Sam.

Sam wasn’t good.  But all I’ve been told since yesterday that Elite QBs can overcome bad OL.  

Despite prior to this spring it was the complete flip.  Blaming the OL for our best QB in franchise history for the reason he doesn’t have a ring.

Mfer throws an int on 1st down in a clean, non-collapsed pocket in CRUNCH TIME yet you mouth drooling white knights can’t get over the fact that the guy isn’t elite in any category 

Then the inevitable “bu..bu..bu Cam” comes out of fuging nowhere.

you lot are embarrassing 

• Flames 2

1 hour ago, ncfan said:

Sam wasn’t good.  But all I’ve been told since yesterday that Elite QBs can overcome bad OL.  

Despite prior to this spring it was the complete flip.  Blaming the OL for our best QB in franchise history for the reason he doesn’t have a ring.

you think OL is the only thing this franchise neglected to provide Cam during his tenure?

12 minutes ago, ncfan said:

I didn't specifically mean you when I mentioned the Cam hate. 

You're right that Cam Newton's and Pat Mahomes' offensive line got them killed in the Superbowl. They played elite defenses. Elite defensive play counters elite QB play. Especially when their offensive line is garbage. Sam isn't playing elite defenses. He is playing defenses that have allowed 300 yards a game passing, iirc. 

If you look at the rest of the 2015 season, Cam went 15-1 and lead the best offense in the league that year with a questionable oline and literally no talent around him. He was MVP that year. He elevated that offense to the #1 position just by being there. Cam threw for 35 TDs (rushed for another 10) that year with only 10 INTs. He won MVP that year despite the bad offensive line. To be fair, I'd argue this offensive line is worse. 

If you look at last season, despite having a terrible offensive line, Mahomes' record was 14-1 and he threw 38 TDs to 6 INTs. Mahomes elevated that offense to 6th in scoring and 1st in yards last year. Despite terrible oline play. 

This year, Sam has thrown 6 TDs and 6 INTs. Now these losses obviously aren't all on Sam. This offensive line and Joe Brady certainly share some blame. 

But the offensive line nor Joe Brady forces those throws. Sam does. Good QBs don't do that. These aren't contested interceptions. These are bad. They are right to the defender. It's almost like he literally doesn't see them. That's the difference. 

Elite QBs can overcome bad offensive line play as evidenced by the years Cam and Mahomes had, but of course they will struggle against elite, championship defenses. Sam isn't facing those. 

• Pie 2