• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Anderson's Rant

Mr. Scot

5 hours ago, SBBlue said:

Relax dude.  We know it was a bad pick.  He went for the longer throw. The Thomas throw would have been a five yard toss to slow unreliable receiver with no YAC to speak of, with 70 yards to go ftw in 2 minutes.   BTW  its 1st and 20 and a quite likely incomplete to Thomas would have made it 2nd and 20.   Had he threaded the needle we wouldn't be talking about it, but he didn't, so we get to see you post pictures of it over and over in frustration.    Sam had his first bad game under multi year record setting pressure.   

Lets see how he responds.

BTW I've watched how jets fans respond to Zach Wilsons progress.  They turned on him quick too even though he had been sacked 15 times in 3 games.  smh 

Actually, Chuba was also open but if he threw to him, it would've been 5 yards he would've gained and then tackled.   Whereas with even as slow and unreliable as Ian is, at the very least Ian catches the ball and gets most of the yardage (lost via penalty) back to where the team is in 2nd and manageable with the 2 minute warning(and all 3 timeouts).  

And I don't get why you're assuming what would happen had he thrown to Thomas(incomplete pass? To a wide-open receiver?)...But I still would say it would've been the wiser move than forcing it into triple coverage.   

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Actually, Chuba was also open but if he threw to him, it would've been 5 yards he would've gained and then tackled.   Whereas with even as slow and unreliable as Ian is, at the very least Ian catches the ball and gets most of the yardage (lost via penalty) back to where the team is in 2nd and manageable with the 2 minute warning(and all 3 timeouts).  

And I don't get why you're assuming what would happen had he thrown to Thomas(incomplete pass? To a wide-open receiver?)...But I still would say it would've been the wiser move than forcing it into triple coverage.   

That's easy to say when you've had a few days to review the tape.  Try to do that in less than 3 seconds behind that oline in the heat of battle. 

16 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Even if he throws to Thomas who does not get out of bounds he gets minimum 5-10 yards and the Panthers had three timeouts. It was not a do or die situation for Sam to throw a laser into triple coverage. He barely even blinked and the game was over. Either the pass rush got to him or he's not made the strides we thought he did but it is one of the worst decisions I have seen a qb for the Panthers make and I've watched Jimmy Clausen and Kyle Allen play quarterback.

• Pie 1

On 10/11/2021 at 1:01 PM, Smithers said:

Double move would have been a TD.  There was no safety help.  Brady sucks.  

But in one breathe we talk about how the OL is absolutely horrific and note the the fact saw pressure on an absurd number of snaps….no protection to hardly pull anything off. 

and then in the next day Joe Brady should be running double moves? That means the QB needs even more time.   

We have an OL issue.   You can scheme around an OL sucking only so much.   Too much talent on the other side in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

That's easy to say when you've had a few days to review the tape.  Try to do that in less than 3 seconds behind that oline in the heat of battle. 

That's also true.   None of us have played QB in the NFL so we don't know what he's facing at ground level.  I'm just saying what i see from the tape.    For all we know, an attempted pass could've been tipped and Intercepted or a fumble would've occurred...

1 hour ago, frankw said:

Even if he throws to Thomas who does not get out of bounds he gets minimum 5-10 yards and the Panthers had three timeouts. It was not a do or die situation for Sam to throw a laser into triple coverage. He barely even blinked and the game was over. Either the pass rush got to him or he's not made the strides we thought he did but it is one of the worst decisions I have seen a qb for the Panthers make and I've watched Jimmy Clausen and Kyle Allen play quarterback.

I know that.  I've already stated that we had not only 3 timeouts but the 2 minute warning.    It was a bad decision on Sam's part.   It's like he made up his mind to throw to Robbie NO. MATTER. WHAT.    sigh....

Edited by glenwo2

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

That's also true.   None of us have played QB in the NFL so we don't know what he's facing at ground level.  I'm just saying what i see from the tape.    For all we know, an attempted pass could've been tipped and Intercepted or a fumble would've occurred...

I know that.  I've already stated that we had not only 3 timeouts but the 2 minute warning.    It was a bad decision on Sam's part.   It's like he made up his mind to throw to Robbie NO. MATTER. WHAT.    sigh....

I said it during the Dallas game that it seems like Sam is being pressured to get Robby more involved. Its not good. 

On 10/11/2021 at 2:12 PM, Proudiddy said:

Idk man, it's like Brady is using the games as an ongoing experiment to try specific things out in.  I don't get it.

I kind of see that, he’s either trying to figure it out or trying to set it up.. you have to change gears both during a game & during the season but the setup is essential…

I remember Houshmanzadah a few years back in a SEA/MIA game. TJ had the walkoff TD, then talked about setting the db up all game, ran the route & turned inside all game. Game on the line, ran the route & turned outside for teh score…

while I don’t know exactly what Brady’s doing, setting it up or working it out, I just don’t get why doesn’t it change when the game is in the line? Why don’t we have some staple plays that work for other teams, that have worked for years? I’ve seen Sam bootleg successfully, screens & play action work too. Hell, Smitty’s smoke route was a regular occurrence way back, DJ should kill it nowadays… seems like there a lot that could be done but isn’t, lot more of they playbook could be opened up but isn’t…

That’s a lot of words to say I agree with you…

Rather than arguing on who Darnold should have thrown to (not the other team), why don't we ask if the problem is Robby's lack of position versatility?  I mean, think how much more flexible we'd be if he could play guard. 

Maybe we should start a positionless offense.  I mean, it can't be worse than our current offensive line, can it?

Yes I've lost my mind.  I've been reading too many threads on here lately.

Edited by mav1234