Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Smitty puts the blame yesterday all on the OL


ncfan
 Share

Recommended Posts

We ran the ball plenty our rb had 24 carries but their D wasn’t afraid of Hubbard and 4 yards in a cloud of dust. Should of got the ball more to DJ in the quick game screens, slants ,outs with the way our ol was blocking

  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TDGone said:

We ran the ball plenty our rb had 24 carries but their D wasn’t afraid of Hubbard and 4 yards in a cloud of dust. Should of got the ball more to DJ in the quick game screens, slants ,outs with the way our ol was blocking

Hubbard just needs more reps.  He keeps looking better.  He needs a good offseason to work on his lower body.   CMC went down much easier on first contact his rookie year than year 2 to present day.  Chubba struggling with that first contact right now 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

He ain’t wrong but any nfl qb can succeed with good oline play, we need a guy who can do that but also not cost us the game whenever the o line is outmatched, drew Brees said it best last night on mnf, can’t turn the ball over that much when the defense is playing at the time lights out, those short fields we kept giving the eagles finally cost us the game, and a fugging punt block in week 5 of the season is inexcusable 

  • Beer 3
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

He ain’t wrong but any nfl qb can succeed with good oline play, we need a guy who can do that but also not cost us the game whenever the o line is outmatched

Or we could...you know...build a good offensive line, and in doing so help out the quarterback, the runningbacks and the receiving corps lal at once.

I realize that's a radical concept, but hey... 

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Or we could...you know...build a good offensive line, and in doing so help out the quarterback, the runningbacks and the receiving corps.

I realize that's a radical concept, but hey... 

you can do both, they are not mutually exclusive but a qb gift wrapping ints to cbs anytime he sense the slightest bit of pressure is a big red flag, very Rex grossman lite. 
 

if Sam eats the sack or throwaway the football on those plays where he threw egregious ints we walk away with a W, can’t still be doing that in year 3-4 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

you can do both, they are not mutually exclusive but a qb gift wrapping ints to cbs anytime he sense the slightest bit of pressure is a big red flag, very Rex grossman lite. 

if Sam eats the sack or throwaway the football on those plays where he threw egregious ints we walk away with a W, can’t still be doing that in year 3-4 

I chuckle because I remember seeing you complain for years that Cam Newton didn't have a good offensive line. Now you're wanting us to put a quarterback behind a bad offensive line and expect him to compensate.

It's amusing 😀

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I chuckle because I remember seeing you complain for years that Cam Newton didn't have a good offensive line. Now you're wanting us to put a quarterback behind a bad offensive line and expect him to compensate.

It's amusing 😀

Been a few of those...that one guy posted the meme in another thread clowning this.

Edited by Fox007
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I chuckle because I remember seeing you complain for years that Cam Newton didn't have a good offensive line. Now you're wanting us to put a quarterback behind a bad offensive line and expect him to compensate.

It's amusing 😀

This the weird stuff y’all do on this forum, get pissy when there’s a thread about cam but keep bringing him up constantly 

we can play this game, cam played against a better eagles team at the time and got sacked 9 times, on darnold’s 3 int neither were from pressure, he made horrible reads followed by a horrible decision, this is sam’s team but this situation isn’t even similar, for someone who knows football to compare having Byron bell and Nate chandler, a converted dt to o linemen as starters at the time is a bit telling 

Edited by Cpt slay a ho
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You know Sam had an all time bad day when the best retort from some involves Cam Newton. Any other time the mention of his name here is met with hostility. It goes back to an old problem with this fanbase that is some people are perfectly fine losing depending on who is involved.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

This the weird stuff y’all do on this forum, get pissy when there’s a thread about cam but keep bringing him up constantly 

we can play this game, cam played against a better eagles team at the time and got sacked 9 times, on darnold’s 3 int neither were from pressure, he made horrible reads followed by a horrible decision, this is sams team but he this situation doesn’t compare 

All you gotta say is: 2015 MVP. #1 scoring offense in the league with no line and no receivers. Cam did that.

Sam threw 3 bad interceptions yesterday. The poor offensive line play is inexcusable. But to place the 3 interceptions all on them is disingenuous. Sam made poor decisions and they'll do anything to refute any point that says otherwise. Including ignoring the videos of all 3 interceptions that I've posted in this thread that doesn't show him get hit once, but did show him make 3 bad decisions. 

  • Flames 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...