• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

12 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If you tally all of them up over 6 games majority are flying over receivers heads or out of bounds. 

Yes but the Deep shot to DJ hit his hand when it mattered most.

Then deep bomb to Ian on the money

Then deep to DJ on the money

I mean we have to be objective here.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

DJ first drop was business decision that I don’t blame him for.  Sam set up our best WR to be murdered. 

the exact reason Tom Brady argued the NFL is now over officiated.  QBs making poor throws that get guys murdered too often.  You can’t throw those.  

Where else was he supposed to throw it and get a first down????

Catch the ball and defend yourself. 

People have been doing that since the dawn of time!!!

It was the only possible play to make. Did you want him to just give up on that drive?

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, Catsfan69 said:

Where else was he supposed to throw it and get a first down????

Catch the ball and defend yourself. 

People have been doing that since the dawn of time!!!

It was the only possible play to make. Did you want him to just give up on that drive?

Yeah, you can’t defend yourself.  That’s why it’s called setting him up to be murdered.  

maybe you hang a WR out to dry with the game on the line.  Not the opening drive. 

But maybe Tom Brady is an idiot and doesn’t know what he is talking about.  He calls it trash QB play for whatever that is worth. 

Sam was the reason we had a chance to WIN the game today. And that chance would've been even greater had his WRs not dropped so many passes, his OL had given him more time, his OC wasn't garbage, and his D hadn't let Minn put up 500+ yds on them. This place is so used to thinking the QB is supposed to do it all and forgets it's a team game.

PJ ... lol.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, you can’t defend yourself.  That’s why it’s called setting him up to be murdered.  

maybe you hang a WR out to dry with the game on the line.  Not the opening drive. 

But maybe Tom Brady is an idiot and doesn’t know what he is talking about.  He calls it trash QB play for whatever that is worth. 

Where else did you want the ball to go?

And yes guys have been going over the middle forever and surviving hits and catching it.

• Flames 1

33 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Question asked, Question answered.

The first INT was pure ASS, even to me.    Pissed me off.

But there was, as Supbro said, still 58 minutes of game to play...

....unless Shotgun and frank turned off the game right after that INT (which I wouldn't blame them, I guess)

Some person here said Sam was too afraid to throw the ball and ended up running it a lot...well, he had 4 rushes for 48 yards while having 41...yes...41 passing attempts so that theory is flawed.    He completed only 17 with a good chunk of that attributed to the dropsies.  

I know people don't like excuses but goddamn...this game was full of valid ones for Sam to have.

Him leading the Game-Tying drive to get it to OT for the Panthers with the chance to win, certainly helps his case.

The final drive impressed me but the lack of consistency overall is simply maddening. I'm just tired of the excuses. We had three full quarters to do more. Sometimes this offense looks like a group of guys who have never played together before. The drops were troubling. Idk if Robby will be around if he can't play better than that. But Sam has got to start getting the deep ball going even when he has time he's sailing passes over receivers heads or out of bounds and that has been a consistent issue. When was the last good deep ball we connected on? Defenses watch film and they know about these things. From what I saw today our QB is mostly the same guy he was in New York. Boom or bust from drive to drive and occasionally he will wow you like at the end of the game. Is that enough? I don't know. Could he be more? I don't like the odds. But he and these receivers need to spend a ton of time together this week bc if they still can't get on the same page I have to wonder if there is a deeper problem going on in the locker room.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Where else did you want the ball to go?

And yes guys have been going over the middle forever and surviving hits and catching it.

It was all risk no reward. DJ was gonna get smashed five yards short of the sticks. The throw had no chance of converting a first down and a good chance of getting our #1 WR hurt. Can't make that throw.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It was all risk no reward. DJ was gonna get smashed five yards short of the sticks. The throw had no chance of converting a first down and a good chance of getting our #1 WR hurt. Can't make that throw.

We have all seen Steve Smith convert that play.

You're being dishonest if you say otherwise. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Steve does it twice in this clip alone 

Watch the whole clip.

Edited by Catsfan69
  • Pie 1

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

The final drive impressed me but the lack of consistency overall is simply maddening. I'm just tired of the excuses. We had three full quarters to do more. Sometimes this offense looks like a group of guys who have never played together before. The drops were troubling. Idk if Robby will be around if he can't play better than that. But Sam has got to start getting the deep ball going even when he has time he's sailing passes over receivers heads or out of bounds and that has been a consistent issue. When was the last good deep ball we connected on? Defenses watch film and they know about these things. From what I saw today our QB is mostly the same guy he was in New York. Boom or bust from drive to drive and occasionally he will wow you like at the end of the game. Is that enough? I don't know. Could he be more? I don't like the odds. But he and these receivers need to spend a ton of time together this week bc if they still can't get on the same page I have to wonder if there is a deeper problem going on in the locker room.

No f'n question that the Deep Ball accuracy is an issue that needs to be fixed.

'Cause if it can't, then it becomes that much harder to win games when opposing teams just stack the box EVERYTIME.   

I'm not blind like a certain kungfool moron who thinks I'm a Darnold fanboy. 

I see the same thing you're seeing and if Sam doesn't show any sort of improvement in that area by the end of the season(provided he makes it to the end without getting killed by our O-Line), then it would be time to...well...maybe not move on just yet but definitely get a Vet QB since we did pick up Sam's 5th year option.   Perhaps having a Vet on the sidelines(who's played QB in the league) instead of Mr. Rah-Rah College guy Rhule would help Sam?  

Or they can just draft a QB but we don't know where we'd end up in the draft even though that year's QB class looks a bit weak.

The only thing encouraging right now is that Sam showed he CAN lead a drive late in the game that's CLUTCH.

Which leads me to believe that if the Defense got a stop in Dallas, that Sam would've done the same thing there.    And if the D got a stop in OT here, I think Sam would've led the team to a FG(at least)...

And yeah....they have to have a QB/WIDE RECEIVERS *ONLY* meeting and try to work out what's been going wrong and what they should do to fix it 'cause this can't go on.

6 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Steve does it twice in this clip alone 

Watch the whole clip.

Smitty is just a fukin G man. That broken arm TD shits all over and I mean diarrhea shits all over any WRs we had since combined. Excuses for drops...none from that man. Honestly it's really bizarre watching some former non shitter posters just fall right off the cliff. 

Half expect them coming up in here talking about the Earth is flat next.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

Smitty is just a fukin G man. That broken arm TD shits all over and I mean diarrhea shits all over any WRs we had since combined. Excuses for drops...none from that man. Honestly it's really bizarre watching some former non shitter posters just fall right off the cliff. 

Half expect them coming up in here talking about the Earth is flat next.

They act like DJ and Marshall shouldn't even have tried to catch the ball.

Both were good passes catch the ball.