• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think I'm ready for PJ

Zod

12 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Did Darnold not have a 30yd scramble in crunch time during the comeback?

on average i mean. we seen what happens when darnold receives pressure. he's a little athletic, but not very much. the type of athletic im talking about is that wilson/cam level of athleticism, which is what is needed for this oline.

11 minutes ago, Tinamedina said:

on average i mean. we seen what happens when darnold receives pressure. he's a little athletic, but not very much. the type of athletic im talking about is that wilson/cam level of athleticism, which is what is needed for this oline.

PJ is not a Cam-level athlete or anywhere even close...

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, Tinamedina said:

A player that has 5 rushing TDs is "a little athletic".    Judge Judy Reaction GIF by Agent M Loves Gifs

The line is really bad but it gives enough time to make good decisions. What we need is a QB who is capable of running the offense and making those good decisions.

Darnold is obviously not that guy but PJ wasn't great against the Lions. He was gunning balls into tight spots, which he sometimes got away with and sometimes didn't. Overall, I didn't see that he was much of a different gunslinger than Darnold.

• Pie 1

...Hope we don't go down this road.

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/case-keenum-is-the-browns-31st-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Here’s the full list of Browns quarterbacks since they re-entered the NFL in 1999: Tim Couch, Ty Detmer, Doug Pederson, Spergon Wynn, Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Trent Dilfer, Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson, Ken Dorsey, Brady Quinn, Bruce Gradkowski, Colt McCoy, Jake Delhomme, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, Thaddeus Lewis, Jason Campbell, Brian Hoyer, Johnny Manziel, Connor Shaw, Josh McCown, Austin Davis, Robert Griffin III, Cody Kessler, DeShone Kizer, Kevin Hogan, Tyrod Taylor, Baker Mayfield, Case Keenum.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/21/case-keenum-is-the-browns-31st-starting-quarterback-since-1999/

That is what happens to bad franchises, especially when you cannot evaluate QB's properly.

I am not sure I see that in our future, given that two of our efforts were to obtain Stafford and Watson. We know what a good QB is, we just don't see what bad QB's are, apparently.

In truth, I think the issue is that our coaching staff has the college mentality of seeing talented players with untapped potential that they can mold. Well, that works well in college but it is a lot rarer to find in the NFL. And it is EXTREMELY rare to find after multiple seasons of being a professional football player. Weatherly, Erving, Elflien, Darnold, etc. These guys had plenty of tape showing they weren't the guys but our staff thought they could do what others couldn't.

• Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

This is why I keep trying to tell Panthers fans to stop being so damn defensive of the Kyle Allen's Teddy Bridgewater's and Sam Darnold's of the nfl. When you lose an MVP talent behind center and only had one long term franchise quarterback in the 15 years before that you're likely to change quarterbacks several times before getting even close to that level of talent again.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, frankw said:

This is why I keep trying to tell Panthers fans to stop being so damn defensive of the Kyle Allen's Teddy Bridgewater's and Sam Darnold's of the nfl. When you lose an MVP talent behind center and only had one long term franchise quarterback in the 15 years before that you're likely to change quarterbacks several times before getting even close to that level of talent again.

Only because of poor decision making. 

6 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

Only because of poor decision making. 

The thing is.....each progressive decision at the position has made us worse. It really boggles the mind. 

Used up Cam > Allen/Heinickie > Teddy > Darnold. 

I am not even sure how we are going to get worse with our next move. Resurrect the ghost of David Carr??

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

The thing is.....each progressive decision at the position has made us worse. It really boggles the mind. 

I am not even sure how we are going to get worse with our next move. Resurrect the ghost of David Carr??

1323567320-850x560.jpeg

Yes...it CAN get worse.  😬

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We should have stayed with Cam and drafted behind him. Hell the Patriots just did it. No reason we couldn’t have had Cam and then drafted Fields and let him sit for about two years. Even if you got rid of Cam there should have been a clear plan and there never was. I’d take an injured Cam over Teddy/Darnold. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, AceBoogie said:

We should have stayed with Cam and drafted behind him. Hell the Patriots just did it. No reason we couldn’t have had Cam and then drafted Fields and let him sit for about two years. Even if you got rid of Cam there should have been a clear plan and there never was. I’d take an injured Cam over Teddy/Darnold. 

100% agreed. It would have likely cost us less money too. 

But hindsight is what it is. The worst part is that we couldn't even bring shell-of-Cam here now because of the optics. Even thought he is likely a much more effective QB.