Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

  • panthers-redskins-1.jpg

I feel bad for Sam


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

They're calling it six drops (eight by ESPN) yesterday and that's a damned conservative estimate. 

And that first pick was no one getting open and then Robby didn't even contest the ball. He should have just thrown it to the sidelines, but damn, the receivers sure didn't do any hard work on coming back to him.

It was a bad, bad day for Sam, but too throw that whole pile of poo on his back isn't right.

 

 

How many picks did Sam throw in this game?   

'Cause I'm reading the stats and it said ONE but if I didn't watch the game and just read the forum here, it sounded like he threw SIX INTs or something.

I mean...Sam was inaccurate with sailing balls over WR's heads per usual.

But aside from that one pick, that's all it was.   Just ONE.  

Edited by glenwo2
  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Fox007 said:

Exactly this. Moore is a real #1 and Anderson is a #3 deepthreat.

You cannot have him as a focus. Its obvious that last year to start the season no one cared about nor respected him so they let him do his thing and he caught some slants and poo so the defense said oh ok well just go ahead and guard that guy and he's done poo since.

Not strong enough, not a good enough route runner, not enough effort. He's maybe a tiny bit of a better Ginn.

 

Robby made it a point last week on the sidelines that he should be made a focus and that he was just being kept from making his big plays.

Well, that theory just went down the toilet. Bench Sideshow Bob.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Kuhndog94 said:

Ah yes, Sam Darnold, our lone bright spot. Our messiah. The best player on the team. 

This is what most of our fanbase seems to think. We just don’t have the receivers or a good enough defense, man. Sam Darnold is our lone bright spot every week!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

How many picks did Sam throw in this game?   

'Cause I'm reading the stats and it said ONE but if I didn't watch the game and just read the forum here, it sounded like he threw SIX INTs or something.

I mean...Sam was inaccurate with sailing balls over WR's heads per usual.

But aside from that one pick, that's all it was.   Just ONE.  

A lot of fairweather fans turned off the TV after the first play of the game.

A lot of the remaining ones turned it off in the fourth quarter.

Both sets of those folks are coming online today and chirping as if they'd seen everything. 

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Im not an offensive guru... so I have a question on Brady...

 

Is he creating good plays but the team unable to execute them because of the oline?

Brady seems like hes a smart guy, but maybe the team just cannot execute his scheme at this point?

I feel like we run every OC out of town... I cannot remember one OC we actually all liked. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

How many picks did Sam throw in this game?   

'Cause I'm reading the stats and it said ONE but if I didn't watch the game and just read the forum here, it sounded like he threw SIX INTs or something.

I mean...Sam was inaccurate with sailing balls over WR's heads per usual.

But aside from that one pick, that's all it was.   Just ONE.  

Sam had a nice pass to give us a 1st down in the redzone and Robby dropped it, had to settle for a FG. Sam hit Robby on a crossing route which probably gets a first down, Robby drops it. Sam throws a nice pass to DJ on the sidelines, the play Peterson got hurt and DJ drops it. Dj fumbles the ball in the middle of the field and gives up great field position. 

This is not even counting all the drops just some of them.

First reaction is we need a new QB.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Sione Fua said:

This is what most of our fanbase seems to think. We just don’t have the receivers or a good enough defense, man. Sam Darnold is our lone bright spot every week!

Half of these guys were talking up our weapons last season and have Teddy's week arm was holding the offense back. 

This season now everybody sucks and is holding Sam back. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have never thought he was the answer to our QB search. We got rid of Teddy which I didn’t like either but he didn’t throw picks left and right. The knock on Teddy is he couldn’t get the ball down the field well....Sam is not getting the ball down the field either. He is missing deep throws way to much. In his defense the WR crew ain’t helping things one bit. Brady sucks balls to. The oline is trash. So yeah....we are in a mess as a franchise. 

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pantherxtreme said:

Half of these guys were talking up our weapons last season and have Teddy's week arm was holding the offense back. 

This season now everybody sucks and is holding Sam back. 

Yep. 
I honestly think Teddy is better than Sam. At least he’s faster at going through progressions, more accurate, and doesn’t give the ball to the opposing team as much.

  • Pie 2
  • Poo 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

The offense looked lazy all day, so the entire O is devoid of talent and Brady is a genius? 

the most important part of the O is void of talent.  The OL and QB.  And then we pair them together.  It isn't complicated. 

Is Joe Brady a genius? I doubt it.  We probably won't know what he is.  Because he has been handicapped from basics from the jump...because every game he has ever called has been trying to scheme around horrific OL talent paired with weak QB play.  And he is a brand new OC learning.    Hard to hire someone super green....and then put them in a hole like that from the jump.   

Joe Brady is a scapegoat.  You start at the top.   That's who is responsible.  Matt Rhule and the GM(s) he was been with. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Ahh the Sam has no weapons trope has followed him from New York to Carolina I see. 

 

Yes indeed-e! Apparently he has no weapons except a hurt CMC. Poor guy can't catch a break. All the things he was promised when he came here. And I forgot, he is essentially a rookie.

  • Pie 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

A lot of fairweather fans turned off the TV after the first play of the game.

A lot of the remaining ones turned it off in the fourth quarter.

Both sets of those folks are coming online today and chirping as if they'd seen everything. 

Yep.  It's self-evident with the most recent posts.   😂

4 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

Sam had a nice pass to give us a 1st down in the redzone and Robby dropped it, had to settle for a FG. Sam hit Robby on a crossing route which probably gets a first down, Robby drops it. Sam throws a nice pass to DJ on the sidelines, the play Peterson got hurt and DJ drops it. Dj fumbles the ball in the middle of the field and gives up great field position. 

This is not even counting all the drops just some of them.

First reaction is we need a new QB.

The Rock Reaction GIF

Pretty much.    I guess knee-jerk'ness is what being a Fan is all about.  lol

  • Pie 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...