• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Act like you deserve it

TheoJay10

When we win and put on a great show, fans show up and stay till the end. Don't want me to sell my tickets, then cut my bill or buy them online. I have sat through enough bad Panther football that no one is going to shame me for not being a better consumer for the team when they have not earned it. 

I love the Panthers but have been doing this long enough that I know when not to waste my precious time. I got to cook on my grill, drink, play some video games all while watching this team stink it up yesterday. I regret nothing and won't be in this year wasting my day driving to and from CLT. I was giving tickets away to family as usual and only 3 games were taken this year, it's not just me. And that's when it's free!

We are mediocre and the future looks mediocre for now, change that and the rest will follow. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

such an overreaction lmao.

Where you there ?

I have seen home games since 1997 and been to 90% of the games since 2000

this is the worst coached team I’ve seen since  the Chris Wienke,Jimmy Clausen led Panthers 

after each of those seasons, the coach was fired as the owner said ‘the joy had been taken out of the stadium’

what is trotted out there right now is close to this and the stadium reflects it   The entire atmosphere in that stadium is poor.  The highlight of yesterday was the young  man doing a violin rendition of the National Anthem 

when a head coach does not get the nfl is tough, that the film the opposing teams have will force changes  every week and many in game adjustments, that QB is the number one position and LT is the second, that’s serious trouble for the team coached

…and that is where the Panthers are now.  They have a HC that on one hand thinks he is smarter than his peers but in the other,  the reality is he is in over his head   Seriously over his head 

13 minutes ago, Waldo said:

When we win and put on a great show, fans show up and stay till the end. Don't want me to sell my tickets, then cut my bill or buy them online. I have sat through enough bad Panther football that no one is going to shame me for not being a better consumer for the team when they have not earned it. 

I love the Panthers but have been doing this long enough that I know when not to waste my precious time. I got to cook on my grill, drink, play some video games all while watching this team stink it up yesterday. I regret nothing and won't be in this year wasting my day driving to and from CLT. I was giving tickets away to family as usual and only 3 games were taken this year, it's not just me. And that's when it's free!

We are mediocre and the future looks mediocre for now, change that and the rest will follow. 

I sadly must say I agree with you.   

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

Where you there ?

I have seen home games since 1997 and been to 90% of the games since 2000

this is the worst coached team I’ve seen since  the Chris Wienke,Jimmy Clausen led Panthers 

after each of those seasons, the coach was fired as the owner said ‘the joy had been taken out of the stadium’

what is trotted out there right now is close to this and the stadium reflects it   The entire atmosphere in that stadium is poor.  The highlight of yesterday was the young  man doing a violin rendition of the National Anthem 

Well one thing that isn't a fan reaction or a debate or anything of the sort is that Tepper isn't the type of person trying to see some empty stadium with opponents fans up in there doing their cheers on live TV for all to see. That's not a brand you can sell.

I get people not showing up given how everyone now has a good big TV and covid and the team not being good and all that. There's many valid reasons to not show up so you have to put a product out there worth peoples time and money.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I am actually not freaking out over this loss at all. I am moderately annoyed.

I didn't expect Darnold to work out, I didn't think the OL would work out and I thought we were a 6-9 win team. This is about what I expected in the preseason. Like many, I thought perhaps we had something better after the first three games but I never thought we were going to see the playoffs or any of the other crazy poo people were talking about.

It is what it is. We don't have a ton of roster holes, so that is pretty nice. At least if Rhule doesn't pan out to be the guy, we will have a talented roster remaining here for the next guy to work with. 

I really agree with this statement. I was bullish on Darnold, I still hold out hope that he comes around this season yet. 5 completions at halftime, I put that more on the OC than the QB.

I think the team building is trending in the right direction. Yeah we lost a bunch in a row but Min and Dal are better teams than us right now. We should have beat the Eagles. 

We have a lot of season left, Im going to try to R E L A X and see how the season plays out. 

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

I really agree with this statement. I was bullish on Darnold, I still hold out hope that he comes around this season yet. 5 completions at halftime, I put that more on the OC than the QB.

I think the team building is trending in the right direction. Yeah we lost a bunch in a row but Min and Dal are better teams than us right now. We should have beat the Eagles. 

We have a lot of season left, Im going to try to R E L A X and see how the season plays out. 

Yeah, we were probably fuged with that Darnold/OL combo from the start, so it isn't really worth getting worked up over. I hope when we get the full defense back, those guys will start to dominate again. I think when CMC comes back, we might be able to establish the run on a more consistent basis and try to take the ball out of Darnold's hands as much as possible. That's probably our best path to success this season on that side of the ball.

Overall, we still are loaded with offensive weapons for 2022 and have a potentially scary defense. Just need to keep building that roster.

• Beer 3

5 hours ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

??????????

We are 3-3 and not a complete dumpster fire. We lost close games like last year but this time around it wasn’t because of bad coaching mistakes. That is a win in only the second year with all college coaches. Do you not agree????

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, we were probably fuged with that Darnold/OL combo from the start, so it isn't really worth getting worked up over. I hope when we get the full defense back, those guys will start to dominate again. I think when CMC comes back, we might be able to establish the run on a more consistent basis and try to take the ball out of Darnold's hands as much as possible. That's probably our best path to success this season on that side of the ball.

Overall, we still are loaded with offensive weapons for 2022 and have a potentially scary defense. Just need to keep building that roster.

Yup. I know there are a lot of people we passed on Fields or Jones but man we would have been even further set back had we picked up a rookie QB. 

I trust Fitterer will have a plan to add more talent to the roster, but it doesnt happen all in 1 year, Hurney left us with a mess.

Year 3 is where I personally start to think we need to make make significant progress and really push to contend and Im excited about what I see. I think we will get there. 

• Beer 1

4 hours ago, Liminy said:

I think he's saying better than expected because a ton of you right before the season started after we had Sam, said this rebuilding team was a 6 or 7 win team and that you would be happy with that, Now we are  3-3 and chicken littles are all over the place, but they might be right, but it shouldn't be surprising.

You get it the rest of these guys probably don’t even hear themselves speak when they are talking out their ass. 

Just now, CanadianCat said:

Yup. I know there are a lot of people we passed on Fields or Jones but man we would have been even further set back had we picked up a rookie QB. 

I trust Fitterer will have a plan to add more talent to the roster, but it doesnt happen all in 1 year, Hurney left us with a mess.

Year 3 is where I personally start to think we need to make make significant progress and really push to contend and Im excited about what I see. I think we will get there. 

Agreed. I wouldn't have wished this OL on any rookie QB. It would have been an immediate wasted investment. 

Based on the moves Fitterer has made since he first started, I think he realizes how big a mistake the OL signings/draft picks were and that we need to improve at QB. I have faith we will get better in 2022.