• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule says the Panthers offense is about to have a "vastly different look," redefined with more of an emphasis on the run game.

SgtJoo

4 minutes ago, Spatric said:

Just a thought, Maybe instead of blaming the O, maybe just ,maybe he should be looking at a D that over the last two games gave up over - in OVER - 900 yards of O.  

Tell you what. When the graphic showed we gave up over 500 yards of offense I was amazed. It was the quietest 500+ yards of offense I have ever watched.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Tell you what. When the graphic showed we gave up over 500 yards of offense I was amazed. It was the quietest 500+ yards of offense I have ever watched.

So in your opinion who lost the last two games, the O that lost the game in dallas in the final minute because the D didn't make a stop or again in OT last week when the O marched 94 yards to tie the game and lose in OT because the D failed to make another stop.  

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Spatric said:

Just a thought, Maybe instead of blaming the O, maybe just ,maybe he should be looking at a D that over the last two games gave up over - in OVER - 900 yards of O.  

My first point, wassup fellas. Defense has been bad, but should get better when when Shaq and Gilmore get on the field. Shae will definitely help out the run defense. 

No reason for us to not run the ball 40 times a game. See if we can get Tremble involved in some play action, and some more gadget runs for DJ. Brady has got to get the ball in his playmakers hands if Darnold can't.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, Spatric said:

So in your opinion who lost the last two games, the O that lost the game in dallas in the final minute because the D didn't make a stop or again in OT last week when the O marched 94 yards to tie the game and lose in OT because the D failed to make another stop.  

The defense is physically tired at the end of games and mentally beaten before them. They know they have to play mistake free, and it's wearing on them. 

16 minutes ago, Spatric said:

The O did nothing for 3 quarters Sunday except be a liability.   

and the D gift wrapped the Philly for the team pretty early.  

The D isn’t the issue.  But if you have bad offense for most of the game….you can’t realistic count on your D to shutdown your opponent (if they have good O).  It’s asking too much.  O and D impact each other.   Our D isn’t hanging our O out to dry.  

• Pie 1

35 minutes ago, Spatric said:

Both. Offense stinks, but defense is also to blame. 
But it is hard for a defense to hold the line if they are constantly on the field. If our offense was even halfway competent we could of helped our defense out. 
Our defense played well enough to win these last 2 games. But offense failed. Vikings offensive TOP was almost 40 minutes. Defense was gassed. 

13 hours ago, CRA said:

Well, I would argue Hubbard and CMC don’t play in similar circumstances.   Because the opposing defenses are playing them different.  Hubbard isn’t getting a CMC defensive game plan and attention.  Why would he?

Down and distance predicates number of defenders more so than who the actual running back is.

For example, 1st and 10 they are probably seeing similar number of guys in the box. CMC is probably getting some different looks in the passing game but the majority of rushing attempts are probably more similar than you think.

14 hours ago, Spatric said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

But that said, the "O" is also to blame because of those damn DROPS.    You would think the football was dipped in oil pre-game or something.....

Edited by glenwo2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

The defense definitely didn't have a great day. But 7 offensive points in 3 quarters speaks for itself and that isn't enough to defeat even the worst teams in the league.

You're right, it isn't.

I really hope that in the next game, there won't be BUTTERFINGERS again.    We have enough issues at QB to begin with without any of his good passes that he makes....end up not being completed because of drops.

I think if he had even half those drops be catches, I believe the Panthers pull out the win (oh and did I mention how much of a killer, in hindsight, it was when DJ fumbled the ball right after Minny scored?)

5 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

You're right, it isn't.

I really hope that in the next game, there won't be BUTTERFINGERS again.    We have enough issues at QB to begin with without any of his good passes that he makes....end up not being completed because of drops.

I think if he had even half those drops be catches, I believe the Panthers pull out the win (oh and did I mention how much of a killer, in hindsight, it was when DJ fumbled the ball right after Minny scored?)

The drops sunk the offense no doubt. We hit rock bottom. But let's be clear. The offense has been trending downward three games in a row. The oline has been a big issue but even with some time the defense knows what to expect. We struggle with anything deep and that makes us more one dimensional. Joe Brady has been an issue but beyond the oc something is going on and if it continues this skid could along with it. Sam has to find the deep ball bc if he doesn't someone else may be next year 🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1