• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers WRs had the 6th most catchable drops by a team the last decade

ncfan

Just now, CRA said:

Seen 89 get his arm broken thrown into a defender like that too.  But at least that was late in the game for a TD.  

did you see the clip of Brady talking about QBs throwing guys into hits?   I mean, you think the GOAT is just soft? His entire argument is he wants people to be allowed to hit again but too many QBs put WRs at risk and throw them into hits. 

So you want him to give up on the drive yes or no?

I want him to thread the needle and give us a chance.

34 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

He's part of the problem but he's not the main problem and it's way too early to dump him.

He has talent. 

We don't have the option of dumping him because we have no one else. I'd rather let him take the bullets from this firing squad of an OL than a promising young player. 

Make no mistake, once we have that remedied, he'll be out the door with them.

7 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

So you want him to give up on the drive yes or no?

I want him to thread the needle and give us a chance.

opening drive? I’d rather him not throw his stud WR into a massive hit and look elsewhere.   Again, it’s not a one man route.  That’s why there are 4 quarters to a game.  QBs have to manage risks. 

and I am a fan of DJ Moore.   I want him on the field.  So yeah, I want the QB taking care of him and mitigating the damage/risks he gets thrown into. 

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

Seen 89 get his arm broken thrown into a defender like that too.  But at least that was late in the game for a TD.  

did you see the clip of Brady talking about QBs throwing guys into hits?   I mean, you think the GOAT is just soft? His entire argument is he wants people to be allowed to hit again but too many QBs put WRs at risk and throw them into hits. 

This is an easy concept and has existed for decades. If you don't want to be the enemy of your WR's, don't throw them into career shortening collisions. They exist less now because of player safety emphasis but that probably doesn't make Terrace Marshall feel any better.

20 minutes ago, CRA said:

so what is a 50/50 ball?  Catchable or uncatchable? 

my understanding was it is deemed a catchable ball.  Who wins wouldn’t determine if the ball is catchable would it?

I mean the WRs didn’t have good day.  No doubt.  They didn’t do him any favors.  They need to make some of those.  I just don’t think Sam had a  very good day either despite that.      

and specifically Robby.  I can cut DJ a little slack given how well he has played on the year and the load he is carrying in the pass game. 

A professional wr has a ball hit him dead in the hands you say he should catch some of them? Wtf is this bull? Every fuging ball that was dropped yesterday is on the receiver and should have been caught period, no excuse. 

I've blamed Darnold for his dumbass mistakes plenty but the poo you guys are trying to lay on him is getting out of hand.

I'm not sitting by quietly for that bullshit.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

A professional wr has a ball hit him dead in the hands you say he should catch some of them? Wtf is this bull? Every fuging ball that was dropped yesterday is on the receiver and should have been caught period, no excuse. 

I've blamed Darnold for his dumbass mistakes plenty but the poo you guys are trying to lay on him is getting out of hand.

You got an issue with how DJ Moore is playing on the year? I don’t.  And he isn’t going to catch every ball all season. That’s life.  DJ isn’t letting Sam down.  

fire away at Robby.  The two aren’t the same and I am not going to treat them as the same.    Robby is a liability at this point and should have his reps reduced until he can prove he deserves them again.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

You got an issue with how DJ Moore is playing on the year? I don’t.  And he isn’t going to catch every ball all season. That’s life.  DJ isn’t letting Sam down.  

fire away at Robby.  The two aren’t the same and I am not going to treat them as the same.    Robby is a liability at this point and should have his reps reduced until he can prove he deserves them again. 

I have an issue with someone trying to lay blame where it's not due.

14 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

They are paid millions solely to catch a ball.

Any ball that hits their hands better be held on to.

1 hour ago, Catsfan69 said:

You guys are blind.

Did he not rally them and put them on his back in the last 2 minutes?

After putting the game nearly out of reach with an opening pick, a fumble, and several erratic throws yes he did throw one TD at the end to tie it up against an average Vikings team (due to a blocked punt) which still ended up a loss. I guess he is fully redeemed then?  How did he do the previous 2 games? 

• Beer 2

49 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I agree and I am not a Darnold apologist. I think that the guy played a decent game other than the Int.
The timeout was called because Erickson didn’t know where to lineup and the clock was running out. Sam didn’t realize that you cannot call back to back timeouts. 

The main issue with this team is the sub par play of the Oline, followed by Darnolds 3 Ints last week in one game. Other than that he has played almost exactly as I expected that he would. 23 years old, first year in the system, playing behind a shitty oline and a OC that goes by down and distance instead of with the flow of the game while countering what the defense is doing.

Edited by Monrowed
  • Pie 1