• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fitterer Has To Be On The Phone Right Now With Houston

Proudiddy

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

OR we can just draft a QB and develop one. We had one sitting at 8, but were too damn confident in Sam Darnold…

ACTUALLY we didn't know that Fields would fall in the draft.

The Sam Darnold deal was done because of that uncertainty.

Had they rolled the dice and not done the deal, then Fields would've been here.

It's just a case of bad luck.

• Poo 1

3 hours ago, glenwo2 said:

ACTUALLY we didn't know that Fields would fall in the draft.

The Sam Darnold deal was done because of that uncertainty.

Had they rolled the dice and not done the deal, then Fields would've been here.

It's just a case of bad luck.

I wanted to draft Fields even with Darnold and let him sit behind him as long as possible.

13 hours ago, bigdog10 said:

Fitterer needs to be on the phone with teams in contention to try and get some of our draft capital back. We are going to need those third and fourth round picks. 

I’d Sell Donte right now to the highest bidder. I love the guy, but we’re not paying him with what we have on the roster at corner.  I’d be shocked if we couldn’t get a third or fourth out of him. 

Id do the same with Reddick. He could easily fetch a third or fourth to a team as a rental looking to make a playoff push. 

Robby is another one, but nobody is taking on that contract.

Who is playing QB with all this draft capital? 

Passing on Fields isn’t what is hurting this team. He wouldn’t have made us better.  Ohio State quarterback have never panned out in the NFL. Field’s 5 turnover performance yesterday appears to be a continuance of that trend.

He and Fitz passed on some solid offensive line prospects in the 2nd round in favor of two questionable FA acquisitions. Now, we’ve traded away a lot of draft capital heading into the 2022 draft. We’d  have to give up everything to acquire Watson: first round picks in 2022, 2023, and 2024…and probably 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024. How on earth would we fix the holes at LT, LG, RG, C, LB, FS with no high draft choices for or the next three season.

I hope the Dolphins are the ones who give up everything to get him instead of us. 

20 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Passing on Fields isn’t what is hurting this team. He wouldn’t have made us better.  Ohio State quarterback have never panned out in the NFL. Field’s 5 turnover performance yesterday appears to be a continuance of that trend.

He and Fitz passed on some solid offensive line prospects in the 2nd round in favor of two questionable FA acquisitions. Now, we’ve traded away a lot of draft capital heading into the 2022 draft. We’d  have to give up everything to acquire Watson: first round picks in 2022, 2023, and 2024…and probably 2nd round picks in 2023 and 2024. How on earth would we fix the holes at LT, LG, RG, C, LB, FS with no high draft choices for or the next three season.

I hope the Dolphins are the ones who give up everything to get him instead of us. 

I wanted Slater but would have been fine with Fields.  I thought he would be a good nfl qb.  Looks the part yada yada yada.  However I have now watched probably 70% of his snaps and the entire game from yesterday.  The dude is not good right now.  Blame it on coaching or whatever but he is struggling.  5 turnovers and a couple really really bad ints.  After he moves off his first read he panics, which was a huge knock against him coming out.

We are going to rue the day we shoved teddy aside, blew a 2nd on darnold and passed on slater.  If we would have kept our draft capital built our line and just ran it back with teddy this year we would be set for a rookie qb to take the reigns in 2022.  Instead we panicked and now we are in a completely unsolvable mess.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I wanted Slater but would have been fine with Fields.  I thought he would be a good nfl qb.  Looks the part yada yada yada.  However I have now watched probably 70% of his snaps and the entire game from yesterday.  The dude is not good right now.  Blame it on coaching or whatever but he is struggling.  5 turnovers and a couple really really bad ints.  After he moves off his first read he panics, which was a huge knock against him coming out.

We are going to rue the day we shoved teddy aside, blew a 2nd on darnold and passed on slater.  If we would have kept our draft capital built our line and just ran it back with teddy this year we would be set for a rookie qb to take the reigns in 2022.  Instead we panicked and now we are in a completely unsolvable mess.

I agree with your post for the most part. However, at the time I had no problem taking Horn in round one. We only had one CB on the team that got an INT in 2020…Donte Jackson. JC has the potential to be a top 5 corner in the NFL and we know those guys don’t grow on trees. But, I would have had no issues with taking a legitimate LT like Slater.

My problem was passing on 6 tackles and 3 interior lineman after two trade-downs which resulted in the TMJ selection in round 2. DJ and Robbie both had over 1000 yards receiving in 2020. Did we really need to draft a third receiving option in the 2nd round? Now, after drafting Marshall we gave the guy I thought he was replacing a contract extension. If we had followed your line of thought in round 1 and mine in round 2, we’d have 2 solid starters to pair with Moton and our greatest team weakness, the oline would be significantly better.

Edited by SCO96

Just now, SCO96 said:

I agree with your post for the most part. However, at the time I had no problem taking Horn in round one. We only had one CB on the team that got an INT in 2021…Donte Jackson. JC has the potential to be a top 5 corner in the NFL and we know those guys don’t grow on trees. But, I would have had no issues with taking a legitimate LT like Slater.

My problem was passing on 6 tackles and 3 interior lineman after two trade-downs which resulted in the TMJ selection in round 2. DJ and Robbie both had over 1000 yards receiving in 2020. Did we really need to draft a thrived receiving option in the 2nd round? Now, after drafting Marshall we gave the guy I thought he was replacing a contract extension. If we had followed your line of thought in round 1 and mine in round 2, we’d have 2 solid starters to pair with Moton and our greatest team weakness, the oline would be significantly better.

We just traded a 6th for a former mvp corner, a 3rd for a top 10 corner.  They dont grow on trees but they are way more readily available then LT's. 

If you cannot score points in this league it doesnt matter how good your d is. 

I am not worried about the Watson Debacle with his accusers wanting to settle out of court Watson is refusing proclaiming he is innocent which now it falls back on the other party to prove anything happen which they can’t so either it goes away Or eventually settle for a lower price to make it go away

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

We just traded a 6th for a former mvp corner, a 3rd for a top 10 corner.  They dont grow on trees but they are way more readily available then LT's. 

If you cannot score points in this league it doesnt matter how good your d is. 

None of us saw those moves coming and they may not end up helping us out at all. I wouldn't be surprised if Gilmore walks at seasons end after seeing how bad this team really is...unless he just wants to stay in the Carolinas. And, we really dont know how much he has left in the tank. I don't know what to make of CJ Henderson. He hasn't made an impact on the team at all. It's looking like the the best CB currently on the active roster is Keith Taylor, who appears to be a steal in the 5th round. Donte is still solid but we may end up losing him to FA next year.

But, you're right. It's easier to find CB's than top notch LT's.

I don't really have a problem with either the Henderson trade or the Gilmore trade looked at separately.  The problem is that we really didn't need both.  I get it, a sixth isn't that big a deal.  I get it, at the time we looked like a team that might be in the wildcard hunt.

The issue with the combination is that the front office bought into the media hype surrounding a very young and still very thin roster.  The Gilmore trade is now looking a lot like throwing away a sixth round pick.  Again, not a huge deal, but still, I'd like to have the pick in order to roll the dice on someone who might help us for more than 10 games.

Edited by BrianS

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

I don't really have a problem with either the Henderson trade or the Gilmore trade looked at separately.  The problem is that we really didn't need both.  I get it, a sixth isn't that big a deal.  I get it, at the time we looked like a team that might be in the wildcard hunt.

The issue with the combination is that the front office bought into the media hype surrounding a very young and still very thin roster.  The Gilmore trade is now looking a lot like throwing away a sixth round pick.  Again, not a huge deal, but still, I'd like to have the pick in order to roll the dice on someone who might help us for more than 10 games.

The Gilmore trade is good if it works out this season, and he re-signs and has 2-3 more good years. Even if he leaves after the season. we'll could possibly get a 3rd round compensation pick in 2023. The Henderson deal sound good at the time, swapping a 3 for a 1st round pick from just a year ago. But, the Jags didn't think twice about letting him go so early in his contract. And so far, he hasn't made an impact for our team. I'm hoping he can put things together in th 2nd half of the season.

3 hours ago, SCO96 said:

The Gilmore trade is good if it works out this season, and he re-signs and has 2-3 more good years. Even if he leaves after the season. we'll could possibly get a 3rd round compensation pick in 2023. The Henderson deal sound good at the time, swapping a 3 for a 1st round pick from just a year ago. But, the Jags didn't think twice about letting him go so early in his contract. And so far, he hasn't made an impact for our team. I'm hoping he can put things together in th 2nd half of the season.

That's actually a good point on the compensatory.  If you look at it that way, we flipped a 6th for a 3rd.