• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chuba Hubbard is a NFL starter

Zod

25 minutes ago, d-dave said:

I think from a running perspective, Chuba looks the part.  He could be a good, quality NFL back.  CMC is a different animal.  Now the injuries have sucked, but we're stuck with his massive contract.  Hopefully he can get heathy during this time on IR, and come back this season.  While the temptation to protect him from himself is high, he's getting paid a poo ton of money, may as well make him earn it.

Now if he does come back, and the offense changes for the better, then we need to get rid of all the offensive coaches lol.  I get that CMC is really important, but if after a season's worth of games, you haven't figured out how to still score point and convert 3rd downs...  You are a piss poor group of coaches.  

I love CMC, and I love watching him play. Our draft is fugged up like no other right now without 2nd and 3rd round picks.  May as well try to have the best and most productive season as possible and play CMC.  Then re-evaluate everything in the offseason.  There will be coaching departures.  Either from college or from firing.  I'm not sure who does what, but I'm pretty sure things will look different in 2022.

When CMC returns they need to spell him. I think people are looking at things wrong when it comes to the run pass ratio. It wasn’t oh we ran the ball more earlier in the season. It was we literally gave CMC half the plays. That needs to stop. Let Chubba run 50% of the plays. Use CMC in the first and fourth quarters(honestly in the first and third quarters at this point). Don’t tax CMC so much blocking, don’t play him on short weeks. Chuba is basically a CMC light so they can mostly be used interchangeably on check down and run plays.

And seriously we need a new S&C coach. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Play action only works if you can effectively run the ball. You can’t run the ball if defenses are stacking the box because your quarterback sucks at reading the field and the defense knows this. Darnold is a zero threat in the passing game. Let alone a deep threat. Darnold puts zero stress on defenses. Makes everything insanely predictable. No OC is going to be successful with Darnold at qb.

It's criminal that we haven't gave DJ a real QB yet. 2017 Cam would make DJ a 1400 yard receiver. 

Edited by CmC2k

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, Sam Darnold is a terrible QB. Keep in mind although ALL of our receivers have piled up drops, Sam has been throwing late and also off target all season long.

Our WRs have been playing as bad as Darnald. Moore is the only one that can catch passes that are thrown directly at them. Passing lanes are not always going to be perfect. Especially with our line but if it hits your hands you should catch it. 

• Beer 2

3 minutes ago, Snake said:

Our WRs have been playing as bad as Darnald. Moore is the only one that can catch passes that are thrown directly at them. Passing lanes are not always going to be perfect. Especially with our line but if it hits your hands you should catch it. 

One thing we did find out about this offense though is that we have no one that is the step up type. Not a single one.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Fox007 said:

One thing we did find out about this offense though is that we have no one that is the step up type. Not a single one.

It's a young team. What we need is good coaching. How can you really play well when we keep doing the same thing that's not working. Honestly, how can you keep running the same plays and expect different results? You got to get creative at this point and we are not. Also if Darnald is the one who's all to blame why not run the ball? Why keep allowing him to dictate how bad we play. Same with Anderson. Anderson didn't attack Darnald when he lost it and that's telling. He knows Brady's scheme is poo. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Why was there 2 receivers with 5 yards of each other at the goal line? 

Because they were the bait to get that third player in the end zone wide open. Which he was, but Sam decided to make a horrible decision. I mean look at Moore. Not a single person in 10 yards of him. On a completely blown coverage. 

Edited by Harbingers

21 minutes ago, Snake said:

It's a young team. What we need is good coaching. How can you really play well when we keep doing the same thing that's not working. Honestly, how can you keep running the same plays and expect different results? You got to get creative at this point and we are not. Also if Darnald is the one who's all to blame why not run the ball? Why keep allowing him to dictate how bad we play. Same with Anderson. Anderson didn't attack Darnald when he lost it and that's telling. He knows Brady's scheme is poo. 

Can't really argue with any of that. I said the same thing in another thread actually about Anderson talking about the scheme and not the QB. Then they throw the rock all over the yard after saying we need to run the ball.

Also our only 3 points came from a 4th down conversion too so it took even that to muster any sort of a fart at all.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

Why was there 2 receivers with 5 yards of each other at the goal line? 

Yup, I actually think there was a mistake on the route by one or both.

Darnold didn't step into the throw at all though and just sort of tried to flick it over there.