• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I get why some didn't want Watson, but it's not a happy time.

top dawg

10 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

Made it though that, and this is much worse. 

Nah. It's just happening now and a lot of you guys are too wound up about the Panthers thanks to the 3-0 start. That start was fools gold and a lot of folks had convinced themselves it was the real thing. Everyone knew Fox's last year was a lost cause before the season even started since JR refused to release him since he(JR) didn't want to pay two coaches. That knowledge showed in the coaching staff, FO, players, and fans that year. It is still the worst season the Panthers have had.

Edited by jayboogieman
typo
  • Pie 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

The fact is this team is worse than any of us wanted to believe. It's going to be a very bad year and it may be another year tacked on for extra misery. I knew it was going to be bad when we traded for Sam, now it might actually get worse than I feared. Whatever. I will continue to watch while I do other things and enjoy life while trying to manage my Panther angst. 

The fantasy is dead, will they build something of value or are we the new Browns? I know which one I am hoping for but I also know how close we are to the other...

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rippadonn said:

Yeah, sure but do they have any other answers? It's evident the clearly do not. The fan base is about to RAGE and that's one way to at least get half of them back and spark interest in the team. Like it or not.

They're not going to worry about the fanbase as they know they'll be right back next season. Rhule and Tepper both don't strike me as the types to admit to a mistake or walk back a decision. Look for them to show a lot of interest in Howell during draft time since not only is he a UNC guy, but a hometown(state) kid as well. People will turn out in droves for him his first year if he becomes a Panther.

• Beer 1

Just now, jayboogieman said:

They're not going to worry about the fanbase as they know they'll be right back next season. Rhule and Tepper both don't strike me as the types to admit to a mistake or walk back a decision. Look for them to show a lot of interest in Howell during draft time since not only is he a UNC guy, but a hometown(state) kid as well. People will turn out in droves for him his first year if he becomes a Panther.

Dude, we've had enough. Rhule has lost it. 0 confidence.

Let's think about it from a QB perspective in the Tepper tenure at Carolina:

2018-2019 and Cam Newton:

Carolina has a franchise QB in Cam Newton with an injury history. They reward that by not finding any offensive line talent to protect him, and don't invest in a TE to make his job easier. The Panthers toss Newton under the bus on his way out of town. Even if getting rid of him was the right choice, the Panthers handled it poorly.

2020 and Teddy Bridgewater:

The Panthers hire a pass first coaching staff, and follow up that commitment by bringing in a QB that experienced a horrific injury. They commit to him by bringing in a very injury prone LT, and bringing in no TE to make his life easier. The game plan abandons the run, and puts more and more pressure on a their QB behind an awful offensive line. The QB and Coaching staff toss each other under the bus.

2021 and Sam Darnold:

After trying for every QB available, the Panthers finally cut a deal for Sam Darnold. They reward their new signal caller with another minimal effort off-season in the offensive line, and they do sign a decent TE, and they draft a FB/TE from Notre Dame. They follow it up by committing to a pass happy offense, trading away the TE, and aggressively perusing another QB. There is a hint of the coaching staff tossing each other under the bus now, and the relationship with Darnold may be headed that direction as well, before the half way point of the season is even here.

The Final Underlying Message:

Throughout it all, the Panthers have shown a commitment to pursue a Franchise QB without any concern about what happens after. Through 3 different pursuits, and a trade the Panthers have shown a willingness to part with 3 years worth of very valuable draft picks that could help fix their glaring issues, especially that of protecting the QB.

Knowing all of that, and in a world where you're Watson and the scandal didn't happen, why would you want to come here? The Carolina Panthers have shown time and time again that they have no long game, and they have no interest in protecting their investment in any significant way shape or form. You a fodder for this organization, and you will be sacrificed on the alter of ticket sales until you're no longer relevant and the next sacrifice to the blood gods must be found to be offered up behind this offensive line.

The sad fact is, playing QB in Carolina right now is a career killer. If we did it to Cam Newton, we'll do it to anyone else. And Sam and Teddy's situation is glaring proof of that.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, rippadonn said:

Dude, we've had enough. Rhule has lost it. 0 confidence.

Are you in the locker room listening to the players say they have no confidence in him? Are you in the front office listening to Fitt and Tepper saying the same thing? If not, you don't know if Rhule has lost it.

Our(the fans) opinion does not matter. Tepper and Co are well aware that the fans will keep showing up. If it gets to a point that the fans don't show up, Tepper will move the team and not give a crap.

• Pie 1