• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joel Klatt heard Rhule may not be staying in the NFL, could be eyeing position at Penn State

NeederNodder

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok. If this happens who do you all want as coach? Leftwitch and Kellen Moore are intriguing…

I’m not a fan of OCs that come from systems with franchise QBs. Moore has Dak and Leftwich has Brady…Nagy and Pederson leave a bad taste and honestly probably are some of the main reasons that Bienemy is not a head coach

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, this might be best for everyone involved. It's just not working out for Rhule at the NFL level but he built two competitive programs out of schools that aren't traditional powerhouses to say the least. With the clout of Penn State behind him he might be able to build a legit contender. Then the Panthers can start over. Again. The question becomes then does Fitterer stay or go? I haven't seen much to hang my hat on him definitely staying.

It's tough to judge how much Rhule pesters him with all these players, Rhule was definitely all up in his grill during the draft confidential thing. At least he stopped trading when we started losing

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

It's tough to judge how much Rhule pesters him with all these players, Rhule was definitely all up in his grill during the draft confidential thing. At least he stopped trading when we started losing

Rhule runs the show. Fitts is just here to provide guidance and handle the paperwork/contracts.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Honestly, this might be best for everyone involved. It's just not working out for Rhule at the NFL level but he built two competitive programs out of schools that aren't traditional powerhouses to say the least. With the clout of Penn State behind him he might be able to build a legit contender. Then the Panthers can start over. Again. The question becomes then does Fitterer stay or go? I haven't seen much to hang my hat on him definitely staying.

I definitely think Fitterer and the FO in place is the right one.  I think ignoring the OL and especially how the QB position has been treated and addressed is all Rhule.  He is the final word on personnel after all...  

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Good.  He should go back to where he belongs.

He's comfortable there and can treat 200 kids like poo and it doesn't matter.

Imagine Rhule being your manager at any job and taking him seriously. He seems like the ultimate micromanager that's not good at any one thing

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I’ve said it before the Fitterer hiring. If Matt Rhule wasn’t the coach and given so much power, Adam Peters would’ve been the pick. They won’t say it but you know Rhule single handily picked Fitterer because he was okay to be a “yes sir” guy to Rhule. Peters wanted more control and power than the head coach which that’s what a Gm should have and Rhule said no. Imagine Teddy, Darnold, Rhule and Fitterer all not work out here in Carolina. How stupid is that going to make David Tepper look? He should just do us a favor and sell this team. 

Edited by Squid Game
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Ok. If this happens who do you all want as coach? Leftwitch and Kellen Moore are intriguing…

Give me Brian Daboll. Buffalo stole from us. Let’s go steal from them. I’ll be fine with adding former Bills players to this team instead of Temple and Baylor players.