• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhules Contract.

TLGPanthersFan

I didn’t really pay attention to the Rhules contract details after he was hired, but now I am curious about how much of Rhules contract is guaranteed so I looked it up. 
Wow, the entire 60 million, up to 70 million, is guaranteed. 
How stupid can you be to give a college coach so much guaranteed money? 
So unless Tepper buys out his contract or, I guess, Rhule leaves on his own. We are stuck with him no matter what happens. SMH. Hope the guy improves then. 

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I didn’t really pay attention to the Rhules contract details after he was hired, but now I am curious about how much of Rhules contract is guaranteed so I looked it up. 
So unless Tepper buys out his contract or, I guess, Rhule leaves on his own. We are stuck with him no matter what happens. SMH. Hope the guy improves then. 

I guess when you are worth 14 Bs, 60 mil aint really that big of a deal.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Who cares?  His contract doesn't affect the Panthers.  I'm pretty sure Tepper would have no issue firing him if it came down to that.  Tepper doesn't strike me as someone who would hold onto a bad investment over a mere millions of dollars.

(Not that I want Rhule to get fired.  I think the hate he's getting is unnecessary.  Hard to win with a piss poor QB.  He 100% deserves blame for hedging his bets on Darnold, but he deserves another offseason to correct the issue).

Edited by Mage
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

3 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Hurney is the gift that just keeps giving... Years after he's gone we will still be frustrated by him.

Look at some of the guys still here hired by him and what they do...

That was Teppers biggest mistake, not firing Hurney with Ron and now his stink still lingers. 

• Pie 4

30 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Tepper isn't stuck with Rhule.   He can still eat his contract.  Especially if this shitshow starts to drag down revenues in a big way. 

and while these contracts are all guaranteed, they also have offset clauses.  So if you fire him and he goes to coach at Penn St for example.  You aren't paying him the full amount.  Just the difference.   

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2