• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Shuts Down College Rumors

CarolinaLivin

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

7 winning seasons. It's always been this way. This isn't a perennial contender year in and year out and until that changes this is what you get it's no different for other franchises in similar circumstances.

It is the 2nd year of a rebuild. That other stuff does not apply anymore. Judge Rhule on Rhule, not by past regimes.

• Pie 5

3 minutes ago, BrianS said:

I'm not worried about Rhule until the players give up on him.  Last week was not a good look, but I expect to see a reaction this week.  It's ok to lose, it's not ok to lose without a fight.

Uh in case you missed it last week, Ruhle’s team got curb stomped by one of the worst teams in the league playing their backups and was out coached by some idiot meathead who will probably be fired and lost to one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL. When do you anticipate the players giving up?

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

7 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t believe a word of it. Even if he is telling the truth. If he wants to leave in 3 months he will. If he isn’t fired. 

has a coach ever been asked about other jobs/opportunies and claimed he was committed to his present job...and then left?  I tend to think I might heard of that happening maybe once...or maybe a million times. 

non-story for me.  Rhule said what any coach would say in that spot.  Regardless of what they were or weren't thinking about. 

• Pie 1

Just now, CarolinaLivin said:

Basically the huddle any time he says anything at this point

sad but it is what it is

How many NFL coaches have gave a speech midsession about not going back to college only to do the exact opposite a month or two later?

I still remember Bonnie Bernstein putting the screws to Roy Williams at Kansas in the middle of a tourney run and his exact quote was “I don’t give a damn about North Carolina right now” only to be named the head coach at Carolina weeks later. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

has a coach every been asked about other jobs/opportunies and claimed he was committed to his present job...and then left?  I tend to think I might heard of that happening maybe once...or maybe a million times. 

non-story for me.  Rhule said what any coach would say in that spot.  Regardless of what they were or weren't thinking about. 

Yeah I agree completely wtf did you expect him to say? 

9 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

It is the 2nd year of a rebuild. That other stuff does not apply anymore. Judge Rhule on Rhule, not by past regimes.

When people see the same mistakes there will always be comparisons and complaints. It happened with Rivera too and he got way more grief from this fanbase. It's too early to start being dramatic about this only a handful of folks want Rhule to be fired.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

But the voices in some dudes head told that Cowherd show dude that it’s happening.

Joel Klatt, a respected and revered football reporter and former player did not pull this out of his wazoo on a nationally syndicated sports talk show. 
He heard it from somewhere he finds credible. 

• Pie 1