• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule Shuts Down College Rumors

CarolinaLivin

3 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

You had me until that bolded part. You  are speculating big time. It is way too early to make that determination.

The proof is in the pudding. Darnold and Bridgewater were both Rhule endorsed. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. 
So no it isn’t too early to speculate if Rhule is bad at evaluating QBs. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

The proof is in the pudding. Darnold and Bridgewater were both Rhule endorsed. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. 
So no it isn’t too early to speculate if Rhule is bad at evaluating QBs. 

Why? Because some Huddlers say so. He has made 2 calculated risks. There is no evidence whatsoever that he cannot evaluate QBs. Because he hasn't had to yet.

If Teddy had  balls, he might still be here. Sam was a top 3 prospect, it was worth the throw of the dice.

That said. I am wondering, if Sam doesn't work, where our next QB will come from?

Maybe we can wait and see how this all works out.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Yeah, it's so easy to get top QBs to go to a rebuilding Temple, or Baylor. Those kids want tv games. Something that Rhule couldn't guarantee.

As for the rest? Not sure how to respond. You've pretty  much shut the door on any discussion.

I mean I’m over here watching Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Pitt, UNC, NDSU, Wyoming and Nevada recruit and develop QBs that could be or have been early draft picks. He has had 0 success with 2 blunders in 2 years in the NFL. I’m not saying he is a bad coach, he just needs to let someone else evaluate the QB position. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean I’m over here watching Coastal Carolina, Liberty, Pitt, UNC, NDSU, Wyoming and Nevada recruit and develop QBs that could be or have been early draft picks. He has had 0 success with 2 blunders in 2 years in the NFL. I’m not saying he is a bad coach, he just needs to let someone else evaluate the QB position. 

Oh come on. This is getting out of control. Rhule has a scouting staff, he has College evaluators, he has experts helping him. To think Rhule is the only  one with input on these things is naive at best.

2 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Oh come on. This is getting out of control. Rhule has a scouting staff, he has College evaluators, he has experts helping him. To think Rhule is the only  one with input on these things is naive at best.

Correct, but he has the final call. He may want to hire some scouts/evaluators that are better at evaluating QBs and listen to them. It’s a tough thing to do, but the Teddy and Darnold blunders were kind of obvious to a lot of people with no back up plans and a lot of money vested. 

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

ATTACK the post not the poster! He's not naive

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Correct, but he has the final call. He may want to hire some scouts/evaluators that are better at evaluating QBs and listen to them. It’s a tough thing to do, but the Teddy and Darnold blunders were kind of obvious to a lot of people with no back up plans and a lot of money vested. 

Yeah, that's pretty much the party line.