• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donte Jackson is gonna get paid a lot of money this offseason

Rags

15 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

If they dont trade Donte and dont end up resigning him in off season it will be a huge failure by the staff. You lose him for nothing and it's a BUNCH of CB needy teams right now. 

We always let our guys walk freely in free agency and get nothing back in return for them; Peppers, Bradberry, Norman, Witherspoon. 

You don’t let good ball players go.  You never let special players go.

DJ looks more special as time goes on.  That PBU down the sideline yesterday was beautiful.  From press to break to finding the ball and getting between it and the receiver.  It was all textbook.  And he did it at full speed with no reason to flag him.

Gilmore isn’t a guarantee to stay, Horn isn’t a guarantee to recover, Henderson is an unknown, and we might trade Bouye.

How do you let Action Jackson walk?  Taylor Jr?  Melvin?  STO?  

On 10/31/2021 at 4:02 PM, Shaqil915 said:

Seriously dude would be a solid FS depending on his willingness to tackle. He'd cover alot of ground.  Corner is too stacked for us atm, especially with Keith Taylor looking solid as well.

Problem is he is a CB and doing a good job at CB which means he’s going to get paid CB money which doesn’t make sense to pay him CB money and move him to FS. 

We have a lot of depth at CB but we don’t know if Gilmore will be back, honestly I think it would make more sense for him to be FS because of his age. Not many CB can play well at his age and it’s likely his ability will drop.

Henderson is young and we don’t know what we have in him yet. He could still be a bust or just an average CB or he could end up being a good CB. Either way he’s going to be with us for the next few years.

Bouye has another year left. He’s a solid CB, if we resign Jackson then we could trade Bouye.

Taylor has had some good games but how many times have we seen a CB do well as a rookie and end up becoming a bust? Ricky Manning jr. and Bene come to mind.

if we end up keeping Jackson and Gilmore then I think Bouye is gone. I don’t think we need 5 starting CB on our roster, don’t forget Burris can also play CB/slot.

22 minutes ago, Rags said:

I hope not but I know one thing for sure

either way this message board will be unhappy. 

This board is always unhappy about something.  I can guarantee that if the team were to win a SB a contingent of this board would complain about it somehow. 

• Beer 1