• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So this was or wasn’t a hospital ball by Darnold?

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, post DJ jogging before the defender was breaking on Sam's pass to Robbie. 

I think this is a textbook example of letting an announcer reshape what actually happened.  Ball was late, which allowed the defender the opportunity to break on the pass to Robby.    Sam needed to put some real mustard on that one since it was late. 

What is more common the year? Sam making a textbook late throw or DJ loafing it? 

Well in the same game Moore missed an easy block to spring Smith on a 3-on-2 screen, so erm... both. 

• Pie 2

Moore was lazy yesterday. just like his missed block. he has these games, and it is why smitty called him out twice in the past and miraculously he stepped it up when smitty did so. that’s a strange thing to happen and you don’t need to do that with good players.

i have always said  this has been my main concern signing him. he may quit after being paid.

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, CRA said:

well, post DJ jogging before the defender was breaking on Sam's pass to Robbie. 

I think this is a textbook example of letting an announcer reshape what actually happened.  Ball was late, which allowed the defender the opportunity to break on the pass to Robby.    Sam needed to put some real mustard on that one since it was late. 

What is more common the year? Sam making a textbook late throw or DJ loafing it? 

DJ has been known to loaf it quite a bit. Smitty has called him out multiple times on it.

1 hour ago, Mother Grabber said:

Sam haters: it was a hospital ball

Nom-haters: it wasn’t a hospital ball

That’s as far as this will get, just like the 800 sign cam threads. Teh huddlez isn’t about discussion, it’s about proving yourself right.

Nuh-uh.  It’s about proving other people wrong. 

Boom!  10 huddle e-peen points!

10 minutes ago, onmyown said:

DJ has been known to loaf it quite a bit. Smitty has called him out multiple times on it.

89 has a lot of hot takes that aren't always  right IMO.  That's literally what he is paid for these days. 

I think 89 in large part took issue with DJ's personality and demanor.   And that's just who he is.   He has a nonchalant vibe to him that simply is what it is. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

89 has a lot of hot takes that aren't right IMO. 

I think 89 in large part took issue with DJ's personality and demanor.   And that's just who he is.   He has a nonchalant vibe to him that simply is what it is. 

maybe. guess it’s just a coincidence the very next game and rest of the season after smitty called him out, his play was night and day to a very noticeable degree. twice.

i’ve witnessed it/watched it as well, and since we drafted Moore, i’ve made numerous comments in threads on it even before smitty called him out. but is it really that concerning when he is making peanuts? Nah

i believe there is some motivation issues there and i’d seriously consider whether Moore will check out after getting paid if I were the FO imo

• Poo 1

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

maybe. guess it’s just a coincidence the very next game and rest of the season after smitty called him out, his play was night and day to a very noticeable degree. twice.

i’ve witnessed it/watched it as well, and since we drafted Moore, i’ve made numerous comments in threads on it even before smitty called him out. but is it really that concerning when he is making peanuts? Nah

i believe there is some motivation issues there and i’d seriously consider whether Moore will check out after getting paid if I were the FO imo

Yeah, your probably right. We should just let him walk and be stuck with Robbie... 🙄

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

89 has a lot of hot takes that aren't always  right IMO.  That's literally what he is paid for these days. 

You're right about the hot takes. Which ones are right or not seems a matter of confirmation bias around here though, hehe.

This entire hospital ball thing started because of him, didn't it? (Edit: for Darnold, not in general)

Edited by mav1234
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

It was a late throw and a good play by the defender. The announcers noted that DJ didn’t run his route full speed tipping off the defender it was a clear out route so he broke off and slammed Robbie 

DJ and Robbie have been doing this and it's caused some of the drops. We all know DJ is making career decisions out there not winning ones and it shows. 

• Pie 1