• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 3rd Quarter Struggles

kungfoodude

1 minute ago, Snake said:

This and our red zone attack hasn't gotten any better either. We have just gotten in the red zone less. 

Our Red Zone TD% has gone from 50.88% in 2020 to 56.00% in 2021. 

Teddy had a QB Rating of 80.19 inside the 20 and 95.83 inside the 10.

Darnold has a QB Rating of 100.74 inside the 20 and 93.38 inside the 10.

22 minutes ago, Snake said:

This and our red zone attack hasn't gotten any better either. We have just gotten in the red zone less. 

Our most effective play in the red zone this year seems to have been the Sam Darnold, "fug it, nobody is open I'm just gonna run it in myself" play. In other words, NOT doing the play Brady has called.

Let that marinate for a bit.

Sam Darnold got five touchdowns in four weeks this way. Seems that Teddy had to forget the play and just run it in a few times himself, too last year.

Our OC just isn't ready for prime time. He may have saved his job with the team getting a win last week. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Our most effective play in the red zone this year seems to have been the Sam Darnold, "fug it, nobody is open I'm just gonna run it in myself" play. In other words, NOT doing the play Brady has called.

Sam Darnold got five touchdowns in four weeks this way. Seems that Teddy had to forget the play and just run it in a few times himself, too last year.

Our OC just isn't ready for prime time. He may have saved his job with the team getting a win last week. 

Several of Sams red zone runs have been called runs I think... Or at least option plays.  I'd have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure several of his TDs were.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Several of Sams red zone runs have been called runs I think... Or at least option plays.  I'd have to go back and look but I'm pretty sure several of his TDs were.

It's hard to tell from looking at Sam, though. He has that look of desperation and Oh poo! in his eyes each time. Of course, that's going to be the look of any QB behind our line and with the plays we call.

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Come on man. You can't give yourself credit. For a scenario you yourself invented. Or maybe you can. Who knows with this joint.

Edit to clarify; We as fans have no idea what plays are being called. We may guess when it looks like an audible. But the actual plays. That's just guesswork on our part.

Edited by iamhubby1
  • Poo 1

2 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Did he really. He had to rely on Sam running much of that game too. 

3 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

Either way Brady is not the long term solution, whether he gets the boot or he takes the LSU job. He got two paid years to learn on the job and we get to start from scratch on OC again. Doesn't make much sense for a "rebuild"

Just now, Jackie Lee said:

Either way Brady is not the long term solution, whether he gets the boot or he takes the LSU job. He got two paid years to learn on the job and we get to start from scratch on OC again. Doesn't make much sense for a "rebuild"

How do we know Brady is going to leave? Maybe he likes where he's at?